Haggar Fitness Center
The Haggar Fitness Center is perhaps the most eye-catching feature of The Gug. It has doubled the size of the previous fitness center. The Haggar Fitness Center is shared by both the Guglielmino Complex and the Loftus Center and services all of Notre Dame's 26 varsity athletic sports.The Haggar Fitness Center ranks as one of the most comprehensive free-weight and exercise machine facilities in the nation. More than 900 Irish athletes in all sports use the 25,000 square-foot home of Notre Dame's strength and conditioning program. Included in the Center are a state-of-the-art weight room that houses 250 pieces of weight training equipment, a 50-yard Mondo track for speed training, a 45-yard x 18-yard Prestige Turf athletic surface for team workouts, over 30 free weight areas and 40 exercise machines, and updated sound and lighting that includes six plasma television screens. The Haggar Fitness Center is a gift of the Haggar family, including Edmond R. Haggar, a 1938 Notre Dame graduate who is retired as chairman of the board of the Haggar Apparel Company in Dallas, Texas, and is a life trustee of the University. Also part of the gift was Joseph M. Haggar, Jr., a 1968 Notre Dame graduate and retired president of Haggar Apparel Company. Also part of the Haggar family, Mrs. Rosemary Haggar Vaughn, a daughter of the late J.M. Haggar, Sr., is a former executive director of the Haggar Foundation.