Aug. 2, 2006
The University of Notre Dame official athletic website, und.com, will enter a new era on Friday, Aug. 4. The Fighting Irish All-Access package is currently undergoing a complete overhaul and und.com will bring Notre Dame alumni and fans full coverage free of charge for the 2006-07 season.
Irish fans will no longer be required to subscribe or sign up for audio/video coverage on und.com. By September 1, und.com also will unveil a new media player, which will feature a bigger display screen and easier access to und.com's multimedia offerings.
As part of the new Fighting Irish All-Access launch on Friday, Aug. 4 (just in time for football media day on Sunday, Aug. 6), the und.com crew will post a bevy of video offerings from a variety of Irish sports and the University archives - just the first step toward developing und.com into the top source for Fighting Irish fans on the world wide web.
What can you expect to find on Fighting Irish All-Access this fall?
- Daily football coverage including practice reports, post-practice interviews and video footage from each Irish workout.
- Exclusive coverage of head football coach Charlie Weis' press conferences. The weekly Tuesday game preview and Sunday game wrap up will be broadcast live, available in und.com's archives and they also will be made available for a Podcast download. In fact, every time Coach Weis speaks to the media during the season, you will see his comments in their entirety exclusively on und.com.
- Full home football game day coverage including the live post-game press conference with both competing coaches and live audio/video broadcast coverage of the official post-game show featuring Jack Nolan and former Irish All-Americans Reggie Brooks and Mirko Jurkovic. Fighting Irish All-Access also will feature game highlights, player post-game interviews and photo galleries.
- Improved live coverage of each football pep rally live from the Joyce Center (or Notre Dame Stadium) and the football luncheon on Friday afternoon.
- Focused development of und.com's historical video archives.
- Free official audio broadcast of every Irish men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball and hockey game.
- Increased ability to provide live video broadcast of selected Olympic sports events.
- Olympic sports coverage will include free radio broadcasts of selected games, highlight packages and interviews with head coaches and student-athletes.
- There are many more projects, features and developments in the works for the Fighting Irish All-Access package.
Und.com has undertaken this new endeavor with cooperation between the University's athletics department, Notre Dame Sports Information and Notre Dame Sports Properties.
Make sure to come back and visit und.com on Friday, Aug. 4, for a preview of the new, completely free, Fighting Irish All-Access package.