Since 2001, the University of Notre Dame Athletics Department has offered an extensive internship program utilizing interns in various aspects of Athletics Administration. Athletics Department Interns are classified as full-time employees and are considered valuable members of the Athletics Department staff. Athletics Department Interns are provided the opportunity to learn a great deal about their specific area of interest while also gaining valuable hands-on experience in the successful overall operation of an NCAA Division I Athletics Program. We also strive to provide our interns with every possible opportunity to grow via endless professional development opportunities. Notre Dame has attracted interns from all over the country and from some of the top sport management programs (graduate and undergraduate) in the nation. Many former interns have secured lucrative employment upon completion of their internship or left to pursue graduate degrees from various prestigious universities. Our internship program provides FT positions in the following sub-departments of Athletics: Compliance; Compton Family Ice Arena; Equipment; Fighting Irish Media; Football Operations; Marketing; Strength & Conditioning; Student Welfare & Development; Ticketing.
Most positions will begin on or around July 1st however there are transition times throughout the year in our intern group where we may be hiring so important to always check our jobs website jobs.nd.edu for current opportunities.
A key component of our Fighting Irish Internship Expereince includes a commitment to helping you develop as a professional.
- Senior Administrators host a social gathering at least once a month where interns will get to network, build relationships, and learn their story and advice for successful careers in the business
- Monthly Intern Development Sessions to include guest speakers; educational sessions; self-awareness assessments; etc.
- Resume/Cover Letter workshops as well as Mock Interviews
- Connection points with other interns on campus and in the industry
- Special projects and volunteer opportunities in areas outside of your sub-department
- Annual field trip to Indianapolis to interact and network with staff members from the various sports organizations in that area: Horizon League; Indianapolis Colts; Indiana Sports Corp; NCAA
INTERN BENEFIT SUMMARY:
- Click Here to view the university benefits available to interns.
Our Internship Program provides an hourly rate of $8.65 an hour plus overtime at time and a half ($18,000, not including overtime).
Estimated Application Period: April 17th- May 31st
Approximate Start Date: July 1st
Approximate End Date: June 30th
Click here to go to our year-long application submission portal where you will be able to submit an application for our review.
By submitting an application here you are simply making us aware of your interest and providing us with an application to consider for future openings.
To formally apply for an internship opportunity that is current available you should always check jobs.nd.edu for information on our current internship positions and/or available jobs of interest to you.
If you have questions please contact our Fighting Irish Internship Program Coordinator, Jenny Borg, firstname.lastname@example.org.