AS A SOPHOMORE (2017-18):• One of two Notre Dame athletes to receive the Most Improved Award in recognition of steady and consistent improvement during his sophomore season.
• Narrowly missed Honorable Mention All-America honors as a member of the 400 freestyle relay (2:51.28), which placed one spot out of final heats in 17th.
• Notched three top-10 finishes at the ACC Championships, led by a seventh-place result of 1:43.46 in the 200 butterfly.
• Was the first competitor to the wall in the 100 butterfly with a time of :48.75 in a dual meet against Ball State and Green Bay.
• Scored a finish of third place in the 200 IM (1:50.82) and fifth place in 200 butterfly (1:49.53) during the Shamrock Invitational.
• Finished second in the 200 butterfly with a time of 1:50.07 and third in the 200 IM with a time of 1:51.72 in a dual victory over No. 20 Florida State.
• Placed fourth in the 200 IM with a time of 1:55.50 in a dual meet against Iowa.
• Earned three results in the top 10, highlighted by a time of 1:45.71 in the 200 butterfly (fifth place), at the Ohio State Fall Open Invitational.
• Checked in fourth in the 200 freestyle with a time of 1:39.22 in a tri-dual against No. 1 Indiana and Cincinnati.
• Double-winner in the 200 freestyle (1:38.61) and 100 butterfly (:48.51) in a dual victory against No. 23 Purdue.
• Finished third in the 100 butterfly (:48.69) and fourth in the 200 freestyle (1:39.96) against Georgia Tech during an ACC dual meet.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016-17):• Competed in first career ACC Championships, highlighted by a 14th-place finish in the 200 freestyle with a time of 1:36.14.
• Notched a top finish of fourth in the 200 IM (1:50.49) during debut at the Shamrock Invitational.
• Touched the wall in second place with a time of 1:40.20 in the 200 freestyle against IUPUI.
• Fifth-place swimmer in the 200 butterfly with a time of 1:50.49 against ACC foe Louisville.
• Logged the fourth-fastest time in the 200 butterfly (1:50.98) in a dual meet against Iowa.
• Runner-up in the 200 butterfly (1:50.05), and added a finish of fourth place in the 500 freestyle (4:38.65) in a dual against Northwestern.
• Claimed second place in the 200 IM with a time of 1:51.33 against Purdue.
• Reached the wall in second place with a time of 1:39.79 in the 200 freestyle in a dual showdown against Oakland.
PREP AND PERSONAL:• Qualified for 2016 Olympic Trials in the 200 butterfly.
• Set national age group record in 15-18 year old 800 freestyle relay.
• Owns two individual and 12 relay club records through NOVA of Virginia Aquatics.
• Set county record as a sophomore in 200 IM, and as a junior in the 100 butterfly and 200 IM.
• Swam with both club team and prep team throughout high school career.
• Earned two varsity letters with Deep Run Swim Club.
• Began swimming at the age of seven.
• Twice named the NOVA Coaches Award recipient.
• Twice earned Scholastic All-American accolades.
• Earned Academic All-American honors in 2014 and 2015.
• Won the AP Scholar Award in 2015.
• Eldest child of Mark and Kim Schultz.
• Has one sister, Christine.