AS A GRADUATE STUDENT (2017-18):• Male winner of the inaugural Notre Dame Diver of the Year Award, presented to the most outstanding diver each season.
• Earned All-America honors for the first time, claiming Honorable Mention All-America accolades in the 1-meter dive thanks to a 14th place finish (325.70 points) at the NCAA Championships.
• Added a placement of 22nd with a score of 354.60 points at the NCAA Championships.
• Runner-up in the 1-meter dive with a score of 391.90 points at the ACC Championships, adding a fourth-place result of 401.15 points in the 3-meter dive.
• Swept the 1-meter (408.55 points) and 3-meter (school record 419.80 points) dives at the Shamrock Invitational.
• Winner in the 1-meter (327.53 points) and 3-meter (383.78 points) events in a dual win over No. 20 Florida State.
• Top scorer in the 1-meter with a total of 414.15 points in a dual showdown with Iowa.
• Runner-up off both the 1-meter (381.25 points) and 3-meter (373.65 points) at the Ohio State Fall Open Invitational.
• Placed second in the 3-meter dive against No. 1 Indiana and Cincinnati (381.90 points) and No. 23 Purdue (383.63 points).
• Led the field with winning scores of 333.90 points (1-meter) and 357.75 points (3-meter) against Georgia Tech.
• Finished as the runner-up in the 1-meter dive with 323.33 points in an upset victory over No. 7 Louisville.
AS A SENIOR (2016-17):• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team.
• Returned to the NCAA Championships for the first time since 2015, scoring 344.00 points off the 3-meter board to finish 19th and 313.20 points off the 1-meter board to place 20th.
• Won first career ACC title, taking the top spot in the 1-meter with a school record 420.00 points at the 2017 ACC Championships.
• Added fourth-place result with a score of 398.20 in the 3-meter competition.
• Swept the 1-meter (310.30 points) and 3-meter (388.55 points) events for Notre Dame during the Shamrock Invitational.
• Winner in the 1-meter (345.60 points) and 3-meter (372.08 points) in a dual meet against IUPUI.
• Claimed the 3-meter dive with a score of 393.60 points against ACC foe Louisville.
• Won both the 1-meter (335.30 points) and 3-meter (371.25 points) dives against Northwestern.
• Took the win in the 1-meter (317.60 points) and the 3-meter (360.70 points) events in a dual against Iowa.
• Runner-up in the 3-meter dive with a score of 374.90 points at the NC State/GAC Invitational.
• Winner in the 1-meter with a score of 323.85 points against Georgia Tech.
• Swept both the 1-meter (363.00 points) and the 3-meter (363.15 points) against Oakland.
AS A JUNIOR (2015-16):• Did not compete during the 2015-16 season.
• Redshirted in order to train for Olympic Diving Trials.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2014-15):• For the second season in a row was the sole male Irish diver to compete at the NCAA Championships, placing 23rd in the 1-meter competition with a score of 330.00 and 20th in the 3-meter event (score of 370.30).
• Began the season competing at the Dennis Stark relays, placing first in the 1-meter relay event with classmate James Lichtenstein (combined scored 672.14, individually scored 343.57) and second in the 3-meter synchro diving event (283.80, again paired with Lichtenstein).
• In an exhibition meet against Georgia Tech and South Carolina, took first in the 1-meter event (score of 334.40) and came in third in the 3-meter (343.25).
• Next day versus Auburn came in second in both events, scoring 342.83 in the 1-meter and 373.50 in the 3-meter.
• Back home against Purdue, came in second in 1-meter (339.30) and fourth in 3-meter (353.40).
• The next week against Virginia Tech and Pittsburgh, took fifth in both 1-meter (285.00) and 3-meter (319.10) competition.
• On the road at Michigan State, won both the 1-meter (370.80) and 3-meter (383.10).
• At Hawkeye Invitational meet, took first in the 1-meter competition (378.40), qualifying for the evening finals after a 289.35 showing in the morning prelims.
• Finished fourth in 3-meter (346.90) after qualifying with his 335.05 prelim score.
• Dove to a score of 238.90 in the platform competition, finishing 11th.
• At Michigan, scored 233.10 in the 1-meter and won the 3- meter competition (353.55).
• At Wisconsin, took third in both events (353.30 in 1-meter, 390.95 in 3-meter).
• In Shamrock Invitational, won both 1-meter (374.80) and 3-meter (377.50) events.
• Repeated first place performances the following week in both events, winning 1-meter with a score of 361.35 and 3-meter with a 409.27 showing.
• In ACC Championship meet, narrowly missed evening finals in both 1-meter and 3-meter competitions, earning preliminary scores of 313.90 in 1-meter (good for 11th place) and 331.20 in 3-meter (good for 15th place).
• Finished 20th in the platform competition (249.65).
• Qualified at NCAA Zone C diving meet by taking seventh place in the 3-meter competition, scoring 751.50 total (385.45 from prelims).
• Finished ninth in the standings in 1-meter competition (645.00, 317.20 after preliminary competition) and 14th in platform (531.80, 266.95 after prelims).
AS A FRESHMAN (2013-14):• Lone diver to compete at the NCAA Championships, placing 19th in the 1-meter (324.10), 23rd in the platform (259.30) and 27th in the 3-meter (325.60).
• Also represented Notre Dame at the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Championships, racking up an 18th-place finish in the 1-meter (321.90), 11th-place finish in the 3-meter (345.50) and 21st-place finish in the platform (255.85).
PREP AND PERSONAL:• First began competing in diving during final two years at Tomball High School.
• Two-time Academic All-American in diving.
• Member of the school's 4A district and regional champion as a senior, finishing as the runner-up at the state championship meet.
• Dove for The Woodlands Diving Academy on the club circuit.
• Swept the 1 and 3-meter springboard events at the 2013 USA Diving Summer Junior Region 5 Championships.
• Finished first in the 1-meter and was the runner-up off the 3-meter springboard at the 2013 USA Diving Summer Junior Zone C Championships.
• Earned a pair of top-15 finishes in both dives at the USA Diving Summer Junior National Championships.
• Qualified for both the 2012 Junior National Diving Championships and the AT&T National Diving Championships.
• Took up diving during sophomore year of high school after previously competing in gymnastics for the Cypress Academy of Gymnastics.
• Was a two-time first team Academic All-American in gymnastics.
• Inducted into the National Honor Society and the Mu Alpha Theta Mathematics Honor Society while attending Tomball High.
• Son of Michael and Barbara Coumos.
• Has one brother, Andrew.
• Has one sister, Courtney.
• Mother, Barbara, competed in track and field and volleyball at the University of Texas at San Antonio.
• Graduated from the College of Arts & Letters with a degree in English and history after also minoring in business economics.