By Sinhue Mendoza MUNCIE, Ind. -
Pool Records at Lewellen Aquatic Center
The women's 200 medley relay team of Catherine Mulquin, Meaghan O'Donnell, Nikki Smith and Katie Smith broke the pool record with a time of 1:43.02. The former record stood at 1:44.47.
The men followed suit as the quartet of Jack Montesi, Trent Jackson, Justin Plaschka and Daniel Speers swam 1:31.07, which broke the previous pool record time of 1:33.65.
Matt Grauslys won the 100 back with a time of 50.12. His time broke the pool record of 50.78 that had stood since 2000. Teammate and fellow senior Kevin Bradley's time of 50.32 was good for second place and also would've set the pool record.
It was a great day on the springboard for the Fighting Irish men. Peter Meyers won both the 1 and 3-meter with scores of 283.35 and 314.55.
Cristian Herrera earned second place honors behind Meyers with scores of 248.55 and 280.80.
COACH LITZINGER'S THOUGHTS
On his team travelling in state to compete in a dual meet against Ball State...
"It was nice to be able to travel in state and have the opportunity to compete. Hats off to Ball State for hosting us on their Senior Day."
On what he enjoyed about today's meet ...
"Our team really enjoys internal competition, and we were able to create some great matchups today."
On what is next for his squad ...
"Now it's on to championship preparation with different groups heading to the Ohio State Invitational and our women head to the ACC Championships in Atlanta. We have a lot going on and are excited about it."
MUNCIE, Ind. -One week after a record-setting performance in the Shamrock Invitational, Notre Dame was at it again today breaking several pool records at Ball State. The Fighting Irish men beat the Cardinals, 148.5-82.5, while the women won, 129-108.
- Sammy Steigerwald won the 1000 freestyle tapping in at 10:23.03.
- Aaron Schultz won the men's 1000 freestyle with a time of 9:37.23.
- Molly Treble won the 200 freestyle in 1:54.69.
- With a time of 1:43.17, Tommy Anderson won the men's 200 freestyle.
- Catherine Mulquin took home first place honors in the 50 freestyle with a time of 23.51.
- Daniel Speers won the 50 freestyle tapping the wall at 20.76.
- With a time of 2:06.06, Erin Sheehan won the 200 IM.
- Teammate Joe Turk won the men's 200 IM clocking in at 1:54.25.
- Alice Treuth won the 500 freestyle with a time of 5:00.55.
- Tabahn Afrik won the men's 100 freestyle touching the wall at 44.44.
- Reed Fujan won the men's 100 fly with a time of 50.23.
The Irish women head to Atlanta for the ACC Championships that get started Monday, February 13. The rest of the squad travels to Columbus for the Ohio State Winter Invitational on February 11-12. Fans can follow the meet on both team Twitter accounts, @NDWSwimDive and @NDMensswimdive. A complete recap of action will get posted to und.com.