- 2016 Second Team All-ACC (indoor 400-meter dash, outdoor 4x400-meter relay).
- 2016 ACC Academic Honor Roll.
- 2015 Honorable Mention All-American (outdoor 4x400-meter relay).
- 2015 Second Team All-ACC (indoor 4x400-meter relay).
- 2015 USTFCCCA All-Academic Track & Field Team.
AS A SENIOR:
- Was a member of the Irish’s top 4x400m relay team during the indoor season.
AS A JUNIOR:
- Placed second in the 200m (21.91) and first in the 4x400m relay (Stimson, Smith, O’Connell) at the Notre Dame Invitational (3:13.41).
- Placed sixth in the 400m (48.46) and fourth in the 4x400m relay (Stimson, Smith, O’Connell) at the ACC Indoor Track and Field Championships (3:13.64).
- Helped the 4x400m relay (Stimson, Dunn, O’Connell) to a runner-up finish at the ACC Outdoor Championships (3:14.14).
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Helped the Irish indoor 4x400-meter relay team (Eric Ways, Harvey Smith, Chris Giesting) to a third place finish at the conference meet (3:11.06).
- Helped the Irish 4x400 squad to the title at the Stanford Invitational (3:08.61).
- Helped the 4x400 team to a second place finish (3:07.50) and the 4x100 squad to fourth place (41.21) at the Georgia Tech Invitational (both with Ways, Smith and Giesting).
- Combined with Ways, Smith and Giesting for a school record performance in the 4x400 at the NCAA East Preliminaries (3:05.70).
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Began the season with a fourth place finish in the 200m dash (22.11), a fifth place finish in the 400m dash (48.65) and a first place finish as a member of the 4x400 relay team (3:12.47) at the Blue and Gold Invitational.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Saint Louis University High School in the spring of 2013.
- Lettered in both cross country and track & field all four years of high school.
- Earned all-state honors after finishing in second place in the 400m as a senior.
- Won all-state honors after placing fourth in the 400m as a junior.
- Second chair cellist in the Notre Dame Symphony Orchestra.
- Was a member of the St. Louis Symphony Youth Orchestra.
- Was in the Missouri All State Orchestra from 2011 to 2013 and in the National High School Honors Orchestra.
- Full name is Alexander James Aebel Groesch.
- Born in St. Louis, Mo.
- Son of Scott Groesch and Kathy Aebel-Groesch.
- Has one younger brother and one younger sister.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business and is majoring in finance.
LINK TO TFRRS PROFILE: