- 2015 USTFCCCA All-Academic Track & Field Team.
AS A SENIOR:
- Led the Irish in the 400m in 2017, recording an indoor personal best time of 48.34 at the ACC Indoor Championships.
- Also topped the Irish 400m during the outdoor season, setting a PR of 48.29 at the Yellow Jacket Invite.
- Anchored the 4x400m relay at the ACC Championships where they recorded a season best time of 3:13.33.
AS A JUNIOR:
- Placed fourth in the 400m at the Blue & Gold Invitational (48.86).
- Helped the 4x400m relay to a first place finish (Patrick O’Connell, Ben Harvel, Chris Giesting) at the Blue & Gold Invitational (3:19.90).
- Won the 4x400m relay (Eric Ways, Harvey Smith, Alex Groesch) at the Wisconsin-Notre Dame Dual (3:20.59).
- Did not compete in the outdoor track season.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Ran with the third-place 4x400m relay (3:12.87) and also ran the 600m (15th) at the Notre Dame Invitational.
- Helped the 4x400 relay to a second place finish (Harvey Smith, Eric Ways, Chris Giesting) at the Razorback Invitational (3:09.90).
- Placed third in the 4x400 (Christopher Quinn, Andrew Stone, Billy Dolan) at the Meyo Invitational (9:56.94).
- Finished third in the 4x400 relay (Alex Groesch, Aaron Dunn, Smith) at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Began the season with a fourth place finish in the 400m dash (48.45) at the Blue & Gold Invitational.
- Competed in two events at the Notre Dame Invitational, placing fourth in the 400m dash (48.70) and finishing third as a member of the "B" 4x400 relay (3:18.60).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Graduated from Upper St. Clair High School (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) in the spring of 2013.
- Earned three letters in outdoor track & field and two in football.
- Was two-time captain of the track & field team and also named MVP of track & field squad in 2013.
- Personal record for 200m (22.39).
- Personal record for 400m (48.81).
- Finished seventh in the PIAA meet in the 400m (2013).
- Two-time section champion in football (2011, 2012).
- Full name is John Michael Rutkowski.
- Born in Pittsburg, Pa.
- Son of Michael and Lora Rutkowski.
- Has two brothers and one sister.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business and majoring in finance.
LINK TO TFRRS PROFILE: