AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Placed fourth in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge 5,000m with a time of 17:25.12.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Won the JV race at the National Catholic Championship 5K (18:47.89).
- Earned a cross country monogram.
- Began the track season at the Blue and Gold Invitational with a second-place finish in the 3,000 meter run (10:30.41).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Graduated in the spring of 2014 from New Trier High School (Winnetka, Ill.).
- Awarded all-conference honors in both cross country and track and field as a senior.
- Achieved personal bests of 5:20 in the 1600m and 11:17 in the 3200m.
- Also competed on the swim team for a season.
- Born in Chicago, Ill., to Bob and Debbie Frei.
- Has a younger and older sister.
- Enrolled in the College of Science and pursuing a degree in Biological Sciences.