HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2018 Notre Dame Monogram Club Team MVP (2018 Senior Class)
- 2018 Team Irish Award
- 2017 Notre Dame Knute Rockne Scholar-Athlete
- 2016 ACC Academic Honor Roll
GRADUATE SEASON (2017-18)
- Earned the Team Irish Award, given to the Notre Dame player who exemplifies the traits, dedication, leadership and work ethic of an Irish basketball player.
- Converted all four free throw attempts and scored six points in the NIT first-round victory over Hampton.
- Played a crucial 13 minutes in the come-from-behind victory over Virginia Tech in the second round of the ACC tournament, pulling down a career-high matching six rebounds.
- Turned in a solid performance in his final home game at Notre Dame against Pittsburgh, scoring six points off the bench with two rebound and an assist.
- Provided a huge spark off the bench against Miami (FL), scoring six straight points in 1:08 of game time, including drawing a charge.
- Returned to the starting lineup against Boston College, playing 11 minutes with four points and three rebounds.
- Posted the best performance of his career since 2014, playing a career-high 27 minutes with nine points and six rebounds at NC State.
- Active on the glass against Louisville, helping the Irish set a school record for offensive rebounds in a game (26) by grabbing four offensive boards.
- Made first start of the season - and second of his career - in place of the injured Matt Farrell in the victory at Syracuse on Jan. 6, 2018.
- Stepped up with his best performance of the season after the loss of Bonzie Colson to injury against NC State, playing a season-high 16 minutes with five points, four rebounds and drew two charges.
- Made his season debut against Chicago State on Nov. 11, playing eight minutes and pulling down three rebounds.
- Missed the first two exhibition games of the season recovering from a stress fracture in his right leg. A full participant in practice as of Nov. 6.
SENIOR SEASON (2016-17)
- Made his first career start at North Carolina (game played in Greensboro, N.C.).
- Announced on Jan. 19, 2017, at the Mike Brey Radio Show, his intention to return for a fifth year of eligibility in 2017-18 and pursue an MBA in the Mendoza College of Business.
- Focuses on playing short minutes at his highest effort on the defensive end.
- Provided huge minutes off the bench in the quick turnaround at Virginia Tech, playing nine minutes with four points and three rebounds.
- Played perhaps his best game in a Notre Dame uniform at Miami, scoring a season-high eight points on 4-of-5 shooting with two offensive rebounds
- Made a huge impact in four minutes against No. 9/9 Louisville, stealing a pass on the first possession on which he entered the game, eventually scoring six points with two blocks.
- Dished out a career-best three assists in the victory over North Carolina A&T.
- Scored a season high five points in the Legends Classic title game with Northwestern.
- Matched his career high in rebounds by pulling down six in the Legends Classic semifinal with Colorado.
- Played 12 minutes vs. Loyola Maryland with two points, two assists and two rebounds.
- Member of the East Coast All-Stars during the summer of 2017, touring Spain with head coach Larry Brown.
JUNIOR SEASON (2015-16)
- Played a season-high 14 minutes at Virginia (1/2/16).
- Scored a season-high five points in eight minutes of action vs. Youngstown State (12/21/16).
- Saw action in 15 of Notre Dame’s 18 ACC games.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2014-15)
- Played in 27 games in his first season of collegiate competition.
- Appeared in 14 ACC games.
- Came off the bench against Purdue (12/20/14) in the Crossroads Classic to score a career-high 11 points on four of six shooting.
- Helped the Irish to an overtime victory over Michigan State (12/3/14) playing 19 minutes with two points and four rebounds.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2013-14)
- Did not play.
- Averaged 18.0 points, 10.0 rebounds, 3.0 blocks in his senior year (2012-13) at Penn High School.
- Led Penn to Northern Indiana Conference (NIC) crown in 2012-13.
- Played on same MBA Select AAU Team as former Irish teammate and current Houston Rockets guard Demetrius Jackson.
- Full name is Austin Michael Torres.
- Born in South Bend, Indiana.
- Son of Rick and Brenda Torres with younger brother, Anthony and younger sister, Alyssa.
- Mother Brenda is a Notre Dame graduate and played soccer for the Fighting Irish women’s soccer team (1990-93).
- Grandfather Bernie Gorski attended Notre Dame.
- Represents men’s basketball team on Notre Dame Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC).
- Graduated in May of 2017 with a degree from the Mendoza College of Business as a management consulting major.