MIKE BREY ON HARVEY
“We need to get him ready because we are going to need him. His ability to score and rebound will be a key for us. He is physically ready to play ACC basketball as a freshman and we are going to need him to stretch the floor because he is a shooting threat.”
- Averaged 17.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists during his senior year at DeMatha High School.
- Led DeMatha to 118 wins in his four years at the school, third all-time behind Pittsburgh guard James Robinson (122) and former Kentucky guard Keith Bogans (120).
- A 2014 and 2015 first-team All-D.C. Metro Selection.
- Ranked as the number one player in the state of Maryland by 24/7 Sports and MaxPreps.
- National player rankings included #21 (MaxPreps), #43 (SI.com), #43 (Scout), #44 (24/7 Sports), #47 (ESPN) and #51 (Rivals).
- Joined former Irish All-American Adrian Dantley as the only DeMatha players to start a varsity game as a true freshman.
- Averaged 15.4 points and 7.0 rebounds during his junior season.
- Continues a strong DeMatha connection to Notre Dame basketball, with Irish head coach Mike Brey, associate head coach Rod Balanis, Jerian Grant (2012-15), Sid Catlett (1968-71), Bob Whitmore (1966-69) and Dantley (1969-70) all playing for the Stags.
- Whitmore was in attendance at DeMatha High School when Harvey signed his letter of intent to enroll at Notre Dame.
- Full name is Darren Scott Harvey.
- Born June 13.
- Son of Darren and Yelonda Harvey.
- Enrolled in the First Year of Studies.