“I’m excited that Elijah has remained healthy all summer. There is a physicality about him and he is ready to play in the ACC. He has a great basketball I.Q. and feel for the game. He follows the mold of the big guys we have had in our program who know how to play, are good with the ball and know how to pass. With his physicality and the unknowns we have on the front line with what we have graduated, he will be right in the mix for playing time.”
- Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey
FRESHMAN SEASON (2015-16):
- Did not play in 2015-16 after recovering from off season ankle surgery.
- Spent three years at LaSalle Institute in his hometown of Troy, New York before transferring to Blair Academy in Blairstown, New Jersey, where he played two years.
- Blair Academy program has produced current National Basketball Association players Luol Deng, Royal Ivey and Charlie Villanueva.
- Underwent ankle surgery in March and was unable to participate in any postseason events.
- Invited to play in Jordan Brand Regional All-Star game.
- Earned a spot on the 2014 U18 United States squad that played in the Albert Schwietzer Tournament in Mannheim, Germany, an international basketball competition held every two years and played between junior youth national basketball teams. Helped his team to the silver medal in the 16-team competition after losing to Italy in the championship game.
- Member of Albany City Rocks from 2012-14 and guided two of his squads to consecutive top-three finishes at the national championships -- second place (2014) and third place (2013).
- Full name is Elijah Ross Burns.
- Born in Troy, New York.
- Son of Harold and Dolores Burns along with older brother, Jordan.
- Participated in a National Youth Leadership Conference.
- Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters.