“There is maybe not a more important player that needs to take a step forward for us than Martin. The game will be simple for him, screen, get his teammates open, score around the bucket, rebound and defend. That is a role he embraces. I love his basketball I.Q. He is a very intelligent player, underrated as an athlete who can be active on the boards for us.”
- Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2015-16):
- Saw action in 16 games during the season.
- Played a season-high nine minutes in the season-opening victory over St. Francis (11/13/15).
- Fifth European player to attend Notre Dame and play for Mike Brey. The other four players were Ivan Kartelo and Jere Macura (Split, Croatia), Tom Timmermans (Driehuis, Netherlands) and Eric Katenda (Paris, France).
- Member of the East Coast All-Stars team, along with classmate Matt Farrell, that traveled to Italy in the summer of 2016 and compiled a 3-1 record. Was a dominant force in the paint for the East Coast All-Stars, averaging 15.5 and 11.3 rebounds in four games.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2014-15):
- Played in 22 contests during his rookie season with the Irish.
- Made only start of the season in Notre Dame's win at Georgia Tech (1/14/15).
- Saw action in nine ACC contests during his rookie season.
- Registered career highs of 12 points and six rebounds in third game of the season versus Coppin State (11/19/14)
- Played 10-plus minutes in 10 of the 22 contests he saw action in.
- Spent time as a member of the Lithuanian National Team at the 2013 FIBA U-19 World Championship in Prague, Czech Republic, earning a bronze medal and averaging 5.9 ppg, 5.2 rpg and shooting 61 percent from the field in nine games.
- Played three seasons at St. Maria Goretti in Hagerstown, Maryland.
- Shot better than 58 percent from the field and 72 percent from the free-throw line during his prep career.
- Played in 25 games before suffering a season-ending wrist injury in his senior year.
- Played for Team Takeover (AAU) and was MVP of the Big Shots/DC Duel in the summer 2013.
- Full name is Martinas Geben.
- Born in Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Son of Artur and Elena Geben along with younger sister, Karolina.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business with a major in Management Consulting.