HONORS AND AWARDS:
- 2015-16 All-ACC Academic Team
SOPHOMORE SEASON 2016-17:
- Announced March 28, 2017, that he received release from the University to allow other schools to contact him - a first step toward tranferring out of the program.
- Announced April 25, 2017, that he will transfer to Vanderbilt University.
- Came off the bench in the ACC semifinal victory over Florida State to score 11 points on 3-of-4 shooting from three point range.
- Matched his season-high with nine minutes played in an ACC game at NC State, shooitng 2-of-4 from three-point range.
- Scored 17 points on 5-of-7 shooting from three-point range, while collecting a season-high five rebounds, in the victory over North Carolina A&T.
- Exploded off the bench against Chicago State, hitting first five 3FG attempts and eventually finishing 7-14 from three-point range with a career-high 23 points.
- Hit 2-of-5 from three point range with four rebounds vs. Loyola Maryland.
- Increased time on court in victory over Seattle, hitting three three-pointers in 17 minutes and grabbing three offensive rebounds.
- Missed time during preseason practice to rest a stress reaction in his right foot. Returned to full practice a week before the season began and played 13 minutes in the season-opening victory over Bryant.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2015-16):
- Hit a key three pointer with 12:18 remaining in the second half vs. Michigan (3/18/16) during the first round of the NCAA tournament to cap Notre Dame's comeback from a 12-point halftime deficit.
- Exploded for a career-high 17 points off the bench in the first half vs. NC State (3/5/16), scoring eight consecutive points on his first three shots of the game (two three pointers, one jumper).
- Made his first career start vs. Georgia Tech (1/13/16), scoring 10 points and grabbing a career-best seven rebounds while playing a career-high 35 minutes.
- Played 26 minutes and scored 11 points against Iowa (11/27/15) in the Advocare Invitational.
- Named 2015 Mr. New York Basketball following senior campaign at Iona Prep in which he averaged 20.0 ppg., 8.0 rpg. and 5.0 apg.
- Led the Gaels to a 22-6 record en route to the program's first Class AA Archdiocesan Championship
- Participated in the Kentucky Derby Basketball Classic, Jordan Brand Regional All-Star Game and joined current Notre Dame classmate Rex Pflueger in the Capital Classic.
- Played in only eight games during his junior year after undergoing double-hip surgery in March 2014.
- Played on New Heights AAU team in 2012-13 and 2011-12.
- Full name is Matthew Richard Ryan.
- Born in White Plains, New York.
- Son of Richard and Laurie Ryan, along with older sister, Mikela and younger brother, Michael.
- Member of National Honor Society, National Latin Honor Society and National Italian Honor Society
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.