MIKE BREY ON DJOGO
“The mystery man. One of the things that makes Nik important is that we lost shooting with (the graduation) of (V.J.) Beachem and (Steve) Vasturia. He is a shot maker and has shot it well. He has to take better care of the ball and he has made improvement there. A little bit of an x-factor for us because of his shooting ability.”
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2017 ACC Academic Honor Roll
FRESHMAN SEASON (2016-17)
- Sat out the 2016-17 season to preserve a year of eligibility.
- Attended Saltfleet for his freshman through junior season before transferring to Athlete Institute Prep for his final year of prep competition.
- Averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists in his junior season at Saltfleet, helping them to the Triple A OFSAA Championship (equal of state championship in United States).
- Helped Athletes Institute win the inaugural OSBA Championship in 2016.
- Also competed in volleyball and soccer during his prep career.
- Full name is Nikola Djogo.
- Born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Son of Djordje and Zana Djogo, along with older sister Anja.
- Parents moved from the former Yugoslavia to Ontario, Canada, to escape the Yugoslav Civil War fought throughout the 1990s.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.