“I love Nikola’s size, athletic ability and feel for the game. There is a log jam on our perimeter right now and we want to be patient with him and for him to be patient with his development. Physically, he is ready to play as a freshman and it will be interesting to see him compete in the fall. He has a feel for the game and is a shot maker. He can run all day, is active and can rebound. He has a bright future for us.”
- Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey
- Attended Saltfleet for his freshman through junior season before transferring to Athlete Institute Prep for his final year of prep competition.
- Averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists in his junior season at Saltfleet, helping them to the Triple A OFSAA Championship (equal of state championship in United States).
- Helped Athletes Institute win the inaugural OSBA Championship in 2016.
- Also competed in volleyball and soccer during his prep career.
- Full name is Nikola Djogo.
- Born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Son of Djordje and Zana Djogo, along with older sister Anja.
- Parents moved from the former Yugoslavia to Ontario, Canada, to escape the Yugoslav Civil War fought throughout the 1990s.
- Enrolled in the First Year of Studies.