“T.J. will be counted on to help with the ball handling chores, along with Matt Farrell, and also to play with him. He can shoot the ball and play off the ball. Because of where he played and he is the youngest brother of two Division I players, he is physically and mentally strong enough to play as a freshman in the ACC. He can guard, has physicality and a great attitude. A tough ‘I-95’ guy that we need to come in as a freshman and contribute.” - Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey
- All-time leading scorer in Seton Hall Prep school history.
- First-team all-state selection in 2015-16 after leading Seton Hall prep to a 29-1 record, averaging 20.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.6 apg and 2.4 spg.
- Participated in the Kentucky Derby All-Star Game in Louisville, Ky., and won the event’s three-point shooting competition.
- Invited to play in the Capital Classic in Washington, D.C.
- Full name is Temple Dupree Gibbs Junior.
- Son of Temple and Jacqui Gibbs along with older brothers Ashton and Sterling.
- Father, Temple, played football at Temple University.
- Brother, Ashton, played basketball at the University of Pittsburgh and currently plays for Österreichische Basketball Bundesliga in the Austria Basketball League.
- Brother, Sterling, played basketball at Texas, Seton Hall and Connecticut and was a member of the Washington Wizards NBA Summer League team in 2016.
- Enrolled in the First Year of Studies.
2Temple 'T.J.' Gibbs