HONORS AND AWARDS:
- 2018 Notre Dame ‘Empty The Tank’ Awardwinner
- 2017-18 ACC Player of the Week (Jan. 8, 2018)
- 2016-17 All-ACC Academic Team
- 2017 ACC Academic Honor Roll
- 2017 Notre Dame Newcomer of the Year
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2017-18)
- Helped the Irish to victory over Hampton in the first round of the NIT with 17 points (3-for-4 from the extended 3FG range) with six rebounds and two steals.
- One of three Irish players to score 20 points at Wake Forest, including 11 in the second half.
- Shook off a tough shooting start to finish with 19 points and several key plays down the stretch of the victory over Florida State.
- Posted perhaps his finest game in an Irish uniform against Boston College, scoring a career-best 28 points with five 3FGs, 8-for-11 from the field, five rebounds and three assists.
- Continued to play big minutes, logging 38 or more minutes for the eighth straight game at Duke, leading the team with 22 points.
- Went all 40 minutes with a career-high 27 points, five assists and five 3FGs against Virginia Tech - including a half court shot to end the first half.
- Played 38 minutes or more at No. 20/18 Clemson, scoring 18 points with four rebounds and two assists.
- Played a career-high 48 minutes in the double overtime loss to Louisville, finishing with 12 points and two steals.
- Scored 19 points with six assists and five rebounds in the battle vs. North Carolina.
- Dished out a career-high-matching seven assists in the loss at Georgia Tech.
- Earned first ACC Player of the Week award on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018 after leading the Irish to a 2-0 week in the ACC with wins over NC State and at Syracuse, averaging 20.0 ppg, 5.5 rpg and 4.5 apg.
- Carried the Irish through a tough-shooting first half at Syracuse, finishing the first 20 minutes 5-of-10 from the floor with 14 points and three rebounds. The effort kept the Irish in the game, as the rest of the team would finish 1-19 from the floor in the eventual 51-49 victory.
- His two free throws with 2:25 remaining gave Notre Dame its first lead of the game at Syracuse since the Irish were up 1-0 in the early minutes of the contest.
- Stepped up in the victory over NC State, with both Bonzie Colson and Matt Farrell sidelined with injuries, to score 22 points with career-best seven rebounds and shot 7-of-8 from the free throw line.
- Posted one of the best all-around games of his career against Southeastern Louisiana, setting career-highs for rebounds (5), assists (5), steals (4) and free throws made (6-6) in the victory over the Lions.
- Scored 17 points on 5-of-8 shooting in a career-high 42 minutes in the overtime loss vs. Indiana in the Crossroads Classic.
- Broke out for 21 points in the victory at Delaware, shooting 4-of-7 from 3FG range in 38 minutes.
- The key scorer in Notre Dame’s victory over LSU in the Maui Invitational, scoring 26 points with six three pointers and four assists.
- Poured in 23 points against Chicago State on 8-of-11 shooting, including four three-point field goals and three free throws.
- Led the Irish to a season-opening victory at DePaul with a then career-high 21 points on 7-of-11 shooting with four three-point field goals and zero turnovers in a career-high 38 minutes of action.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2016-17)
- Provided a spark off the bench against Boston College with four points, a team-high four assists, three rebounds and two steals - including both steals during a 15-0 run in the first half to help Notre Dame take control of the game.
- Made his first career start vs. No. 14/15 Florida State, logging 21 minutes, five points, two assists and a career-high matching four rebounds.
- Came off the bench to score 12 points, including 2-for-2 from 3FG range against No. 21/21 Duke.
- Played a career-high 25 minutes, scoring 12 points (first back-to-back double-digit scoring games of his career) at No. 10/12 Florida State, shooting 4-of-5 from the field with two 3FGs.
- Delivered huge bench minutes in the victory at Virginia Tech, scoring a career-high 13 points, shooting 5-of-7 from the floor.
- Played a key role in the road victory at Pittsburgh - his first career ACC game - stepping up in the second half off the bench to tie the game at 49-49 with a three pointer (13:32 remaining). Also deflected a handful of passes at the top of the 2-3 zone, allowing the Irish to get key defensive stops.
- Logged 20 minutes, scored 12 points and dished off a career-high seven assists in the victory over North Carolina A&T.
- Was all over the court in the victory over Seattle, scoring 11 points and leading the team in assists (five) and steals (three).
- Made his first career appearance in an Irish uniform in the season-opening victory over Bryant, playing 18 minutes, scoring his first career field goal, free throw, assist and steal against the Bulldogs.
- All-time leading scorer in Seton Hall Prep school history.
- First team all-state selection in 2015-16 after leading Seton Hall prep to a 29-1 record, averaging 20.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.6 apg and 2.4 spg.
- Participated in the Kentucky Derby All-Star Game in Louisville, Ky., and won the event’s three-point shooting competition.
- Invited to play in the Capital Classic in Washington, D.C.
- Full name is Temple Dupree Gibbs Junior.
- Son of Temple and Jacqui Gibbs along with older brothers Ashton and Sterling.
- Father, Temple, played football at Temple University.
- Brother, Ashton, played basketball at the University of Pittsburgh and currently plays for Indios SFM in the Dominican Republic.
- Brother, Sterling, played basketball at Texas, Seton Hall and Connecticut and was currently plays in Russia for BC Nizhny Novgorod.
- Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters with a major in film, television and theatre.
10Temple 'T.J.' Gibbs Jr.