“It starts with with leadership with V.J. We need him to be a voice. One thing I loved in the NCAA tournament was that he talked more in huddles than he did in the regular season. Of course he was playing very well and was confident. We need him to be an aggressive scorer for us. He needs to hunt his stuff. We need to help him get open and our big guys have started to train over the summer to be great screeners for him.”
- Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey
HONORS AND AWARDS:
2016 NCAA East Regional All-Tournament Team
2016 Notre Dame Most Improved Player
JUNIOR SEASON (2015-16):
- Named to the 2016 NCAA East Regional All-Tournament team after averaging 17.5 ppg and shooting .429 from three point range (12-28) in four NCAA tournament games.
- Scored a team-high 19 points and matched a career high with three steals in the NCAA third round victory over Wisconsin (3/25/16). Grabbed a key defensive rebound vs. Wisconsin with nine seconds left, then hit two clutch free throw shots to put the Irish up by three points.
- Posted a team-high 18 points and shot 7-7 from the field (4-4 from three point range) in the come-from-behind victory over Michigan (3/18/16) in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Made a handful of key plays down the stretch vs. the Wolverines; a three pointer with 6:12 remaining to tie the game at 56-56; a three pointer at 3:43 to break a 59-59 tie and give Notre Dame its first lead of the game; then a pull up jumper on ND's next possession to put the Irish up five.
- Stepped up in the come-from-behind victory vs. Duke (3/10/16) in the ACC Quarterfinals, scoring 19 points with four three pointers, two coming late in regulation and one in overtime.
- Posted double-figure scoring in six consecutive games from Jan. 23 - Feb. 08, 2016, including a career-high 22 points at Syracuse (1/28/16).
- Declared his eligibility for the 2016 NBA Draft on April 12, 2016, taking advantage of new NCAA guidelines that allow a player to declare for the draft without signing with an agent and retain their respective NCAA eligibility.
- Returned to the team officially for the 2016-17 season and ended his activity with the 2016 NBA Draft on May 2, 2016.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2014-15):
- Averaged 16 minutes played per game early in the season before missing five consecutive games during the month of December -- Michigan State, Fairleigh Dickinson, Mount St. Mary's, Florida State and Purdue, with a plantar fascia injury.
- Returned to the lineup on Dec. 22, 2014, and scored eight points vs. Northern Illinois.
- Tipped in game-tying offensive rebound at NC State (1/25/15) to push Notre Dame into overtime of an eventual 81-78 victory.
- Netted four points in seven minutes off the bench versus Butler (3/21/15) in the third round of the NCAA Championship.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2013-14):
- Played in 27 games for the Irish during his rookie season.
- First start of his career (and only start his freshman season) came in Notre Dame's 68-64 double-overtime victory over Clemson (2/11/14).
- Saw action in the final 22 games of the season.
- First-team all-state selection by Indiana Boys Coaches Association (IBCA).
- Four-year starter at New Haven High School in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Selected to Indiana Senior All-Star Team as a junior and senior, along with former Notre Dame teammate and current Boston Celtics guard Demetrius Jackson
- Played in the Indiana North/South All-Star Game
- 2013 Fort Wayne News Sentinel Player of the Year
- Played AAU ball with the Eric Gordon All-Stars.
- Full name is Victor Eric Beachem
- Born in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- The only child of Victor and Berdonna Beachem
- Marketing major enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.