Post Game Quotes
2010 BIG EAST Championship
March 10, 2010
2010 BIG EAST Championship Postgame Notes
Presented by New York Life
Notre Dame 68, Seton Hall 56
Records: Notre Dame (21-10); Seton Hall (19-11)
- Notre Dame advances to the BIG EAST Championship quarterfinals to face No. 2 seeded Pittsburgh Thursday at 7 p.m. (ESPN).
- Notre Dame will make its seventh appearance in the BIG EAST quarterfinals.
- The Irish are 2-4 in six previous appearances.
- Notre Dame won its BIG EAST Championship opener for the second straight year and the third time in the last four years.
- Notre Dame's five-game winning streak is the longest active streak in the BIG EAST.
- Notre Dame's bench outscored Seton Hall's bench 24-3.
- Notre Dame has held two of its last three BIG EAST Championship opponents below 60 points. The Irish were 61-50 winners against Rutgers in the first round of the 2009 tournament.
- Notre Dame forward Luke Harangody came off the bench to register his 64th career double-double. Harangody had 20 points and 10 rebounds.
- Seton Hall's 19 wins are the most under fourth-year head coach Bobby Gonzalez.
- Since the formation of the BIG EAST in the 1979-80 season, Seton Hall has reached the NCAA tournament all seven times it has had 19 wins after the BIG EAST Championship.
- Seton Hall scored 55 points in the first half of last night's win against Providence, but finished with 56 points tonight.