Nov. 17, 2013
Indiana State 83, #21/22 Notre Dame 70
November 17, 2013
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center Notre Dame, Ind.
- Today was the third meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Indiana State and the first since an 81-72 Irish victory on Nov. 30, 2010 ... the Fighting Irish lead the series 2-1 ... all three contests have taken place at Notre Dame.
- With his fifth point of the game, senior point guard Eric Atkins notched his 1,000th career point and became Notre Dame's 54th member of the 1,000-point club (first since Jack Cooley last season).
- Notre Dame is off to a 2-1 start for the second straight season.
- The Fighting Irish moved to 54-14 all-time against teams currently in the Missouri Valley Conference ... the Irish had won six straight against teams from the Missouri Valley prior to today.
- This was Notre Dame's first home loss in the month of November under head coach Mike Brey ... the Irish had been 48-0 at home in the month under Brey ... as a program, Notre Dame had won its last 51 home contests in November.
- Today was Notre Dame's first non-conference home loss since an 87-85 setback to Loyola Marymount on Dec. 12, 2009 ... the Irish had won 30 straight non-conference home games.
- Notre Dame trailed 40-30 at halftime ... Indiana State's largest lead of the afternoon was 15 points on four occasions.
- Eric Atkins (Sr./G), Pat Connaughton (Jr./G), Tom Knight (GS/F), Jerian Grant (Sr./G) and Garrick Sherman (Sr./C) started today's contest ... that quintet has started all three games this season.
- Notre Dame is 119-10 (.922) in its last 129 home games ... Notre Dame had won seven straight home contests prior to today.
- A three-pointer from Jerian Grant in the first half upped Notre Dame's streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 480.
- Scored his 1,000th career point at Notre Dame ... has 1,013 points in 104 games
- Finished the contest with a game-high (and season-high) 18 points ... it was the second time this season and the 51st time of his career that he's scored in double-figures
- Netted a season-high 16 points ... has scored in double-figures in all three games this season (26 times in his career)
- Scored 17 points ... has reached double-figures in all three games this season and a team-high 57 times in his career.