Dec. 9, 2010
2010-11 Notre Dame Men's Basketball
Kentucky 72, Notre Dame 58
SEC/BIG EAST Invitational
December 8, 2010
Freedom Hall - Louisville, Ky.
- Today marked the 60th meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Kentucky. The Wildcats lead the all-time series 42-18. This was the 33rd time the two teams have met in Louisville and the 24th time they have squared off in Freedom Hall. Notre Dame is 4-20 against Kentucky in games played in Freedom Hall.
- Seniors Tyrone Nash (F), Tim Abromaitis (F), Carleton Scott (F), Ben Hansbrough (G) and Scott Martin (G) started tonight's contest. It marked the eighth time this season that quintet has started.
- Senior forward Tyrone Nash extended his consecutive games played streak to a team-best 59 contests. Nash and senior guard Ben Hansbrough both have started 44 straight contests, which is a team-high total.
- With his 21 points, Ben Hansbrough has reached double-figures in points in eight of nine games this season ... he has scored 20-plus points four times this season and 11 times in his career (seven times at Notre Dame).
- Tonight was Notre Dame's first regular-season loss since a 91-89 overtime loss to Louisville on Feb. 17, 2010, at Freedom Hall ... the Irish had won their past 12 regular-season games dating back to last season ... the setback also snapped Notre Dame's five-game winning streak against teams from the SEC.
- With his 10 points on Wednesday, Carleton Scott now has scored in double figures in the past seven games, which is a team-best streak. He has reached double-digits 11 times in his career.
- Carleton Scott's two blocked shots marked the seventh time this season he has blocked at least two shots in a game.
- The 40-40 halftime tie marked the first time this season the Fighting Irish have been deadlocked at the intermission.