Notre Dame vs. Bryant - Postgame Notes
Notre Dame 70, Bryant 59
Notre Dame, Ind.
Dec. 9, 2013
Notre Dame 70, Bryant 59
BlackRock Gotham Classic (Regional Round)
December 9, 2013
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center
- Tonight was the second meeting ever between Notre Dame and Bryant ... the Fighting Irish won the first encounter, 84-59, on Nov. 27, 2011, inside Purcell Pavilion.
- Pat Connaughton (17 points, 11 rebounds) and Garrick Sherman (14 points, 13 rebounds) became the first set of Notre Dame teammates to record double-doubles in the same game since Connaughton and Jack Cooley did so in last season's 104-101 five-overtime victory against Louisville on Feb. 9, 2013.
- Notre Dame had 17 assists on its 22 made field goals.
- The Irish led 39-27 at halftime ... Notre Dame is 6-0 this season when leading at the intermission.
- Notre Dame's largest lead of the game was 13 points (40-27) with 19:34 left in the second half ... Bryant's largest lead was five points (17-12) with 11:39 remaining in the first half.
- Eric Atkins (Sr./G), Pat Connaughton (Jr./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Demetrius Jackson (Fr./G) and Garrick Sherman (Sr./C) started tonight's contest ... it was the fourth straight game (and fourth time overall this season) that quintet has started ... the Irish are 3-1 when that lineup starts ... Atkins, Connaughton, Grant and Sherman have started all nine games this season, while Jackson has four starts.
- A three-pointer from Pat Connaughton in the first half upped Notre Dame's streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 486.
- The Fighting Irish improved to 20-0 all-time (7-0 under head coach Mike Brey) against teams currently in the Northeast Conference.
- Notre Dame is 124-10 (.925) at home since the beginning of the 2006-07 season ... the Irish are 76-2 in their last 78 non-conference home games.
- Posted his second straight double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds ... it was his team-best third double-double of the season (fifth of his career).
- Has scored in double-figures in each of the last four games and seven times overall this season (30 times in his career) ... the four-game double-digit scoring streak is a career best.
- Tonight was the sixth time of his career that he hauled down 10 or more rebounds in a game.
- Scored a game-high 23 points ... he is the only Irish player to reach double-figures in all nine games this season ... has a career-best nine-game double-figure scoring streak.
- Has deposited 20 or more points in back-to-back games and five times overall this season (13 times in his career) ... it's the second time of his career that he's scored 20-plus points in consecutive games.
- Has 63 double-figure scoring efforts in his career (most of any current Irish player).
- Made a career-high 11 free throws (on 13 attempts).
- Posted nine assists, four steals and two blocked shots.
- Recorded the first double-double of his career with 14 points and a career-high 13 rebounds ... the 13 boards are the most for any Irish player this season.
- Has a career-best six-game double-figure scoring streak ... has netted double-figures in seven games this season and 17 times in his career (16 times at Notre Dame).
- Matched a career-high total of three blocked shots.