Dec. 11, 2013
- Today was the first meeting between Notre Dame and North Dakota State.
- Notre Dame trailed 37-39 at halftime ... the Irish are 0-3 when trailing at halftime this season.
- The Irish have lost two non-conference home games for the first time the 2004-05 season when the Irish fell to DePaul (73-84), UCLA (65-75) and Holy Cross (73-78).
- Eric Atkins (Sr./G), Pat Connaughton (Jr./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Demetrius Jackson (Fr./G) and Garrick Sherman (GS/C) started tonight's contest ... it marked the fifth straight game that quintet has started for the Fighting Irish ... the Irish are 3-2 in those contests.
- With the loss, the Irish are now 14-2 against Summit League teams ... Mike Brey falls to 8-1 against teams from that conference.
- Notre Dame is 59-5 (.922) in its last 64 home games ... the Irish had won its last six straight home contests.
- A Demetrius Jackson three-pointer, which was also the first bucket of the night for the Irish at the 19:02 mark of the first half upped Notre Dame's streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 487.
- Notre Dame entered the contest with the nation's best assist-to-turnover ratio (1.96) ... with the 16 assists and eight turnovers in today's game, the Irish's assist-to-turnover ratio remains 1.96.
- Rebounded from a slight scoring slump with his first double-digit scoring effort (12 points) in three games ... now has seven games this season scoring in double figures.
- Notched his fifth straight game with double-digit scoring figures (21 points) ... it was his second game of the season with 20 or more points ... the other game was against Delaware on 12/7 in which he scored 21 points.
- Collected three steals on the evening, which ties a career-high.
- Netted 11 points in the game ... it was the fourth game of the season in which he scored in double figures.
- Registered his second straight double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds in the game ... it was his second career double-double as he scored 14 points and recorded 13 boards against Bryant.
- Scored in double digits for the seventh straight game ... he has eight double-digit games this season and 17th of his Notre Dame career.
- With tonight's victory at Notre Dame, North Dakota State became just the second Summit League team in history to win a road game against an ACC opponent (IUPUI, 12/29/01 at Georgia Tech).
- NDSU became the first team to defeat Notre Dame while a member of The Summit League (including the Mid-Continent Conference).
- The Bison win was the fifth by a Summit League team all-time against an ACC opponent.
Eric Atkins (Sr./G)
Pat Connaughton (Jr./G)
Demetrius Jackson (Fr./G)
Garrick Sherman (GS/C)