Jan. 7, 2013
NOTRE DAME, Ind. --- As relief efforts continue for the victims of Hurricane Sandy, and most notably for those in the state of New Jersey, the Fighting Irish basketball team is getting involved in the cause.
A special online auction will be held from Jan. 7-17, 2013 on Notre Dame's official web site und.com as fans have the opportunity to bid on several unique items. Proceeds from the auction will be presented to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. Christie, a longtime friend of Irish head coach Mike Brey, is scheduled to be in attendance at the Notre Dame-Rutgers game at Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center on Saturday, Jan. 19 at 8:00 pm (ET).
Auction items include:
- Bid on the special black uniforms designed by adidas and worn by the Irish during Notre Dame's 64-50 win on Nov. 29 against eighth-ranked Kentucky. The uniforms in the auction will be those of starters Eric Atkins (#0), Scott Martin (#14), Jerian Grant (#22), Pat Connaughton (#24) and Jack Cooley (#45).
- Get an inside look at the Notre Dame Men's Basketball Program. Go behind the scenes by attending an Irish basketball practice, meet the team and staff, and tour the basketball facilities at Purcell Pavilion.
- Four Courtside seats to the Notre Dame-Georgetown game on Monday, Jan. 21 at 7:30 pm (ET).
- Four Passes to Club Naimoli as well as court level seats to the Notre Dame-Cincinnati game on Sunday, Feb. 24 at 2:00 pm (ET).
- Own the actual game ball from the Notre Dame-Kentucky men's basketball game on Nov. 29. The game marked first regular-season win for the Irish against the Wildcats since March of 1990.
- Own a part of Irish basketball history with the actual net and rim Notre Dame used during the second half of their memorable upset of top-ranked Syracuse on Jan. 21, 2012.
Please click to here bid on the auction items.