AS A JUNIOR: Irish reserve at right offensive tackle in 2000 earned his third monogram . . . saw action on the offensive line in 11 games (all but Rutgers), including vs. Oregon State in 2001 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. . . also made 49 regular-season special team appearances.
AS A SOPHOMORE: Made first career start vs. Kansas in '99 at right offensive tackle . . . moved to left tackle to replace the injured Jordan Black vs. Pittsburgh . . . suffered arch injury in first half vs. Pittsburgh that put him out for season . . . started first 10 games of season . . . helped Irish rush for 363 yards (7.1 per carry) and five touchdowns vs. Kansas . . . helped Irish rank 21st nationally in total offense . . . also made 46 special-team appearances.
AS A FRESHMAN: Earned a monogram while playing in first 10 regular-season games in '98 as backup offensive tackle . . . made 51 regular-season special team appearances, then four more in '99 Gator Bowl vs. Georgia Tech . . . saw action at tackle vs. Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford, Baylor and Navy . . . did not see varsity action as rookie Irish offensive lineman in '97.
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA: Honorable mention USA Today prep All-America pick . . . first-team all-state as senior . . . earned three letters in football as offensive and defensive lineman, tight end and defensive end at Rockhurst High School in Kansas City, Mo. . . . captain of team as senior . . . all-state, all-metro and all-district as senior in '96 on defensive line . . . caught 13 passes for 205 yards and two TDs as tight end in '96 . . . made 47 tackles, nine sacks and blocked two punts as defensive end in '96 . . . earned three letters in basketball and also competed in shot put and discus in track . . . from same high school that produced former Irish offensive linemen Tim Ryan and Mike McGlinn . . . born 8-24-78 in Springfield, Mo. . . . second oldest of three children . . . full name is John Patrick Teasdale . . . father is the former governor of Missouri . . . enrolled in Mendoza College of Business with major in management.
The John Teasdale File
- The Irish offensive player who will surprise people this year is David Givens
- The Irish defensive player who will surprise people this year is Darrell Campbell
- The sports teams I followed when I was younger were Perennial hometown powerhouses
- A word to describe me on the field is Intense
- A word to describe me off the field is Chilled
- My favorite food to eat for pregame meal is Hot chocolate
- If I could bring anything from my hometown to Notre Dame it would be Ruby's Soul Food Cafe
- The CD that is in my player the most is Soundtrack to Boogie Nights
- The area I would like to improve as a football player is Pancakes
- My greatest personal athletic moment was Nailing a 7-10 split
- The most stimulating class I ever took at Notre Dame was Social Dance
- If I could compete against any Notre Dame athlete (non-football), it would be Alicia Ratay (women's basketball)
- The people who have helped me the most since I've been at Notre Dame are Coach Mick, Coach Steve Addazio, Bob Chmiel, Jim Russ