Jan. 29, 2014
Former University of Notre Dame DL Louis Nix III finished second in the Mercedes-Benz Lineman Strength Challenge at the 2014 Quicken Loans All Star Challenge which aired on ESPN 2 on Tuesday night.
Nix completed the course in 24.59 seconds. Minnesota's Ra'Shede Hageman won the competition with a time of 23.26 seconds. Jake Matthews of Texas A&M placed third with a time of 27.12.
Nix anchored the Quicken Loans Team Competition and helped his squad, drafted by Chris Speilman, take home the crown. In addition to Nix, Speilman's team included David Fales of San Jose State, Marcus Roberson of Florida, C.J. Mosley of Alabama and Anthony Fera of Texas.
About Quicken Loans Inc.
Detroit-based Quicken Loans Inc. is the nation's fourth largest retail home mortgage lender. The company closed a record $80 billion of volume across all 50 states in 2013. Quicken Loans generates loan production from web centers located in Detroit, Cleveland and Scottsdale, Arizona. The company also operates a centralized loan processing facility in Detroit, as well as its San Diego-based One Reverse Mortgage unit. Quicken Loans ranked #1 in customer satisfaction among all home mortgage lenders in the United States by J.D. Power for four consecutive years in 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010.
Quicken Loans has ranked among the top-30 companies on FORTUNE Magazine's annual "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for the last 11 consecutive years, ranking #5 in 2014. It ranked in the top-15 of Computerworld magazine's "100 Best Places to Work In Technology" for the past nine years, ranking #1 in 2013. The company moved its headquarters to downtown Detroit in 2010, and now more than 8,500 of its 10,000-plus team members work in the city's urban core. For more information about Quicken Loans, please visit www. quickenloans.com, on Twitter at @QLnews, and on Facebook at facebook.com/QuickenLoans.
Since 1985, Intersport has been an award-winning innovator and leader in the creation of sports and entertainment based marketing platforms. Intersport provides turnkey solutions for global brands by combining two award-winning divisions: Sponsorship & Event Marketing and Television & Digital Media. Intersport owns and operates seven annual live television events: All-Star Football Challenge, College Home Run Derby, College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships, National High School Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships, Hockey City Classic, Women's Basketball Tip-Off Classic and the Under Armour All-America High School Football Game. To learn more about Intersport, log on to www.intersportnet.com, like us on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/IntersportBuzz) or follow us on Twitter (@IntersportBuzz).
2014 Quicken Loans All-Star Football Challenge Results:
Quicken Loans QB Accuracy
1. David Fales - San Jose State - 232 points
2. Tajh Boyd- Clemson - 208 points
3. Logan Thomas -Virginia Tech - 194 points
Eckrich Obstacle Course
1. Lache Seastrunk - RB - Baylor - 27.48 seconds
2. CJ Mosley - LB - Alabama - 28.03 seconds
3. Kyle Van Noy - LB - BYU - 28.92 seconds
Skechers GoRun Hands Competition
1. Justin Gilbert - CB - Oklahoma State - 22.61 seconds
2. Marcus Roberson - CB - Florida - 23.64 seconds
3. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - S - Alabama - 24.32 seconds
4. Bradley Roby - CB - Ohio State - 27.78 seconds
Mercedes-Benz Lineman Strength Challenge
1. Ra'Shede Hageman - DL - Minnesota - 23.26 seconds
2. Louis Nix III - DL - Notre Dame - 24.59 seconds
3. Jake Matthews - OL - Texas A&M - 27.12 seconds
TD Ameritrade Speed Kick
1. Cairo Santos - Tulane - 20 points
2. Chris Boswell - Rice - 16 points
3. Anthony Fera - Texas - 14 points
Quicken Loans Team Competition
1. Fales, Roberson, Mosley, Nix, Fera - 62.34 seconds
2. Boyd, Gilbert, Van Noy, Matthews, Santos - 62.95 seconds
3. Thomas, Clinton-Dix, Seastrunk, Hageman, Boswell - 68.89 seconds
-- ND --