April 18, 2001
NOTRE DAME, Ind. - The University of Notre Dame football staff will conduct its annual spring coaching clinic Friday and Saturday, April 20 and 21, 2001.
Irish head coach Bob Davie will speak, as will each Notre Dame assistant coach. There will be two sessions offered each hour, a live practice Friday afternoon, a barbeque dinner Friday night, coffee and donuts Saturday morning, a live scrimmage Saturday afternoon, a tour of the Notre Dame Stadium lockerroom, plus access to national exhibitors.
Here are the clinic topics by members of the Irish staff:
* Greg Mattison on "Notre Dame Pass Rush."
* Kevin Rogers on "Notre Dame ISO/ISO Pass."
* Kirk Doll on "Notre Dame 3-4 Linebacker Play vs. Run" and "Punt Return and Kickoff."
* Bill Sheridan on "Notre Dame's Fundamental Checklist for Defensive Backs."
* Dave Borbely on "Notre Dame's Teaching and Drilling Dropback Protection."
* Joker Phillips on "Notre Dame's Wide Receiver Separation Techniques."
* David Lockwood on "Notre Dame's Man to Man Techniques."
* Steve Addazio on "Notre Dame's Drive Block Progression."
* Desmond Robinson on "Notre Dame Ball Security and Agility Drills."
* Mickey Marotti on "Notre Dame's Off-Season Training" and "Practice Application of Strength and Conditioning."
In addition to Notre Dame's coaching staff, other speakers include high school coaches Al Fracassa from Birmingham (Mich.) Brother Rice, Mark Hoffman from Valparaiso (Ind.), Bill McGregor from DeMatha (Md.) and Glen McNew from Morgantown (W.Va.).
Registration at the Joyce Center on campus begins at 8:00 a.m. EST, April 20 -- with clinic sessions running from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m. EST. The April 21 portion runs from 7:25 a.m. EST through a 1:15 p.m. EST scrimmage.
The clinic fee is $60. Register by calling USA Coaches Clinics, Inc., at 800-262-2413.
More than 7,000 coaches have attended this spring clinic since 1989.