April 18, 2012
- The first half will have two 15-minute quarters with normal clock stoppages.
- The second half will feature two 15-minute quarters with a running clock.
- Clock stoppages will occur only due to injuries or timeouts.
- Each team will be allowed three timeouts per half.
- Halftime will last 15 minutes.
- There will be a ceremonial coin toss at the beginning of the Blue-Gold game featuring former Notre Dame football player and two-time Super Bowl champion Justin Tuck to determine which end zone the defense will defend.
- All players - including quarterbacks - are live.
- Each possession will begin on the 35-yard line.
- There will not be any kickoffs.
- All punts will be fair caught.
- The defense may bring pressure on third down and on snaps originating inside the 20-yard line.
- A scoring point system will determine the winner of the game.
- There will not be an overtime period should the score be tied at the end of regulation.
OFFENSE (traditional scoring)
3 points - Field Goal
6 points - Touchdown
1 point - Extra Point
2 points - 2-point Conversion
4 points - Defensive Stop Before 50-yard line
2 points - Defensive Stop After 50-yard line
7 points - Turnover Forced Before 50-yard line
3 points - Turnover Forced After 50-yard line
1 point - Forces a Field Goal (Make or Miss)