Aug. 3, 2017
CULVER, Indiana -- The Notre Dame football team hit Oliver Field at Culver Academies for practice number three on Thursday, Aug. 3. Fighting Irish Media had exclusive access as fall camp continued.
After breakfast and morning meetings, the team ventured out for practice at roughly 10:30 a.m. As the NCAA-mandated acclimatization period continues, players were in shoulder pads and helmets for the day, with full pads coming for Saturday's practice.
Mother nature dialed the thermostat back a few degrees, with both the temperature and humidity down a bit from the first two days of practice. A brief rain shower rolled past Lake Maxinkuckee as the team ate lunch around 1:30 p.m. Players got a break for treatment with the athletic training staffs before meetings begin about 4:30 p.m. and running until 8 p.m. with a dinner break.
- Last evening, memorial details for Coach Parseghian were announced. Mass will be celebrated at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on campus Sunday, Aug. 6, at 2 p.m. A memorial celebration will follow in Purcell Pavilion at 3:30 p.m. The public is invited to both events.
- UND.com has a recap of remembrances of
Arafrom Wednesday, ranging from former players,to coaching brethren and a former Secretary of State. Click here http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080217aay.html to view the page.
- The Amway Coaches Poll was released on Thursday, with the Irish receiving 49 votes to rank a de facto 30th. Four Notre Dame opponents in 2017 clocked in among the top 25 -- No. 4 Southern Cal, No. 14 Stanford, No. 15 Georgia and No. 18 Miami (Fla.). In addition, Michigan State, NC
Stateand Temple all received votes.
- Friday's practice will be the final acclimatization period of fall camp, with the Irish on the practice field in the same time frame. Saturday's practice will be the first in full pads and includes a media availability.
In honor of Ara Parseghian, UND.com will provide a note about the coach for each day of preseason camp. Today's nugget:
- Nine of Ara Parseghian's 11 teams at Notre Dame finished the year ranked in the top 10 of the final Associated Press poll.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW
For 2017 Notre Dame football single-game ticket availability, visit UND.com/tickets.