Sept. 26, 2017
|Notre Dame Stadium||Notre Dame, IN|
|TV: NBCSN | Radio: IMG College Sports||Notre Dame Ticket Exchange (Vivid Seats)|
|FIGHTING IRISH MEDIA GAMEWEEK CONTENT|
|Notre Dame Notes (PDF)||Miami (Ohio) Notes (PDF)|
|Coach Kelly Press Conference | Transcript||Coach Kelly Post-Practice Archive|
|Coach Kelly Radio Show Archive||Game Week Central|
|Remembering Coach Parseghian||Fighting Irish Media Podcasts|
|Heisler: Cradle Of Coaches--Irish Have One, Too||Schlabach (ESPN.com): Letters To Ara|
|On The Field: Watkins||Heisler: Five Things To Know|
Countdown To Kickoff
- 515 With 515 rushing yards at Boston College, it marked the third-most by any Irish team in a game since 1969 when they ran for 597 yards against Navy. It was good for a 10.1 yards per rush average, breaking the modern Notre Dame record (10.0) set against Great Lakes in 1942.
- 76 Miami (Ohio) becomes the 76th different opponent to face the Irish in Notre Dame Stadium. Notre Dame owns a record of 59-15-1 against first-time visitors to the Stadium.
- 19 Notre Dame is 19-for-19 this season when entering the red zone. The Irish are one of just 17 FBS programs to still be perfect on the season, but have converted on more opportunities than all but one of the other 16 teams.
- 10 With the season-opening win over Temple, the Irish improved to 10-2 since 1985 when a first-time starting quarterback made his debut start at Notre Dame Stadium. All told, the Irish have won six straight games with a first-time starter at QB and are 18-6 in starting debuts since `85.
- 9 The Notre Dame defense has forced nine opponent turnovers this season, with the Irish turning those miscues into 56 points. For the year, Notre Dame holds a 56-3 edge in points off turnovers over its opponents.
- 8 Notre Dame has conceded just eight TDs through four games this season. A year ago through four games, the Irish had allowed 19 opponent TDs.
- 7 QB Brandon Wimbush notched his seventh rushing TD of the season at Michigan State. The junior is already closing in on the single-season school record for rushing TDs by a quarterback of 10, set by DeShone Kizer in 2015.
- 6 With a "pick six" at Michigan State, CB Julian Love became the first Irish player to return an interception for a touchdown since Andrew Trumbetti in 2015. Love was the first Notre Dame defender to accomplish the feat in a true road game since Bennett Jackson at Purdue in 2013.
- 5 Five different Notre Dame players have scored rushing TDs in four games this season. QB Brandon Wimbush is joined in that group by RBs Josh Adams, Tony Jones Jr., Dexter Williams and Deon McIntosh.
- 4 QB Brandon Wimbush ranks fourth in the nation with seven total touchdowns this season. He is the second-ranked QB in the category, trailing only Georgia Tech singal-caller Taquon Marshall.
- 3 Shaun Crawford forced three turnovers against Boston College, intercepting two passes and recovering a fumble. He's the first Irish defender to force three turnovers in a game since Harrison Smith made three interceptions in the 2010 Sun Bowl, a 33-17 victory over Miami (Fla.). Crawford added a forced fumble and fumble recovery the next week at Michigan State.
- 2 National titles won by late Irish coach Ara Parseghian, who's legacy will be celebrated Saturday. Parsegian won championships as head coach at Notre Dame in 1966 and 1973 and graduated from Miami University, where he played football, basketball and baseball.
- 1 For the first time in school history, Notre Dame had two players eclipse 200 rushing yards in the same game at Boston College. RB Josh Adams went for 234 yards, while QB Brandon Wimbush ran for 213 yards.
- 0 Not a single ticket has remained for a Notre Dame home game since 1973. The Miami (Ohio) contest will be the 258th consecutive sellout at Notre Dame Stadium. The upcoming date with Southern Cal is also sold out, but fans can purchase tickets to the remaining three home games at UND.com/BuyTickets.