Irish Meet Orange In Garden State
Sept. 27, 2016
TIME, DATE AND PLACE
- Noon ET; Saturday, Oct. 1; MetLife Stadium (82,500); East Rutherford, N.J.
- ESPN national telecast with Bob Wischusen (play-by-play), Brock Huard (analysis), Allison Williams (sideline), Jim Zirolli (producer) and Jimmy Platt (director).
- IMG College Sports is the exclusive national rights-holder for Irish football radio broadcasts. Notre Dame games will be broadcast to 117 affiliates by Don Criqui (play-by-play) and Allen Pinkett (analysis). This broadcast can be heard live on SiriusXM Satellite Radio (channel 129).
- The broadcast will be preceded by a one hour pre-game show hosted by Tony Castricone with interviews conducted by Jack Nolan. It will be followed by a national post-game show hosted by Castricone, Criqui and Pinkett.
- All games can be heard in South Bend on WSBT 96.1 FM & 960 AM, and Sunny 101.5 FM.
- Tickets are available through nycollegeclassic.com.
- Notre Dame has played in front of sellout crowds in 290 of its previous 339 games (.855) overall. Notre Dame has played before 661 sellouts in 939 total games (.704) since 1930.
- Every Notre Dame game since the 2014 game at USC has attracted a sellout crowd, including a Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium record of 102,315 on Sept. 4.
- Notre Dame holds a 4-3 advantage in the all-time series with Syracuse, including a 31-15 victory in the last meeting, Sept. 27, 2014, in MetLife Stadium.
- Notre Dame: Brian Kelly, 56-26 at ND (7th year), 227-83-2 overall (26th year), 4-0 vs. Syracuse
- Syracuse: Dino Babers, 2-2 at Syracuse (first year), 39-18 overall (5th year), 0-0 vs. ND
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- Scoring at a historic pace through the first four games of the season, Notre Dame looks to return to winning ways in its first game away from home since the season opener.
COUNTDOWN TO KICKOFF
- 20 Notre Dame has already played 20 different players in their first year of eligibility, including 12 true freshmen.
- 14 Freshman S Devin Studstill (#14) snagged his first career interception against Michigan State.
- 13 Notre Dame games decided by a field goal or less since 2009.
- 12 Plays from scrimmage run by Nevada in the 2nd quarter of the Irish victory in week two. The 25 points scored by ND were the most in a quarter since 2005.
- 11 Passing TDs by QB DeShone Kizer this season. He is one of two players to rank in the top 20 nationally in both passing and rushing TDs.
- 10 Completions of at least 20 yards by QB DeShone Kizer vs. Duke.
- 9 PK Justin Yoon scored nine points at Texas, eclipsing the 100 career point plateau in just his 14th appearance for the Irish. He now has 120 career points scored.
- 8 Head coach Brian Kelly begins his seventh year at Notre Dame. He won at least eight games in each of his first six seasons at the helm, the only Irish coach to accomplish that feat.
- 7 National rank of LB Nyles Morgan with 6.5 solo tackles per game.
- 6 WR Equanimeous St. Brown (#6) has four TDs on the year, most among ND players not named DeShone Kizer.
- 5 QB DeShone Kizer is fifth in the country with 24.0 points per game.
- 4 Notre Dame's four captains for 2016 are WR Torii Hunter Jr., LT Mike McGlinchey, LB James Onwualu and DL Isaac Rochell.
- 3 WR C.J. Sanders (#3) leads the Irish with 127.0 all-purpose yards per game.
- 2 Points scored by the Irish when Nevada conceded a safety, the first two-point score by Notre Dame since 2003.
- 1 OL Quenton Nelson was honored with the #1 jersey for the Duke game. He was unable to wear the single-digit due to NCAA rules and wore his usual 56.
- 0 Notre Dame has not had an empty seat for a home game since 1973. The sellout streak is the second-longest in NCAA history behind only Nebraska's active run of 348 games.