Notre Dame. USC. Enough Said.
Oct. 17, 2017
|Notre Dame Stadium||Notre Dame, IN|
|TV: NBC | Radio: IMG College Sports||Notre Dame Ticket Exchange (Vivid Seats)|
|FIGHTING IRISH MEDIA GAMEWEEK CONTENT|
|Notre Dame Notes (PDF)||USC Notes (PDF)|
|Coach Kelly Press Conference | Transcript||Coach Kelly Post-Practice|
|Coach Kelly Radio Show||Game Week Central|
|Inside Notre Dame Football||Fighting Irish Media Podcasts|
|Onward: The USC Rivalry||Heisler: The Unrivaled Rivalry|
|ND Sports Blogger Player Interviews|
- 515 With 515 rushing yards at Boston College, it marked the third-most by any Irish team in a game since 1969 when they ran for a modern school-record 597 yards against Navy. It was good for a 10.1 yards per rush average, breaking the modern Notre Dame record (10.0) set against Great Lakes in 1942.
- 14 Before Jay Hayes stuffed UNC RB Jordon Brown in the end zone, it had been 14 seasons since Notre Dame's last defensive safety. It was last done in 2003 when Justin Tuck drew a holding call in the end zone against Michigan.
- 10 RB Josh Adams owns 10 explosive rushes (at least 15 yards) this season, including six runs of at least 59 yards. The junior ranks 10th nationally with 776 rushing yards. His 2,544 career rushing yards are 26th nationally and fifth among non-senior RBs.
- 9 Notre Dame ranks ninth nationally in turnover margin, having created 14 takeaways while turning the ball over eight times. The Irish hold a 73-10 advantage in points off turnovers for the season, with only a Boston College field goal and North Carolina touchdown on the downside of the ledger.
- 8 During the 33-10 win at North Carolina in it's last game, Notre Dame forced the Tar Heels into eight three-and-outs, three turnovers and a safety on UNC's 15 offensive drives. The Irish defense recorded three-and-outs on the first five series of the game.
- 7 Notre Dame is one of seven FBS teams and one of three major programs (Power 5+ND) to rank among the top 30 nationally in both red zone offense (19th) and red zone defense (27th). The Irish are joined on the list by Alabama, TCU, Army, Colorado State, Florida Atlantic and UTSA.
- 6 QB Ian Book won his starting debut at North Carolina, giving the Irish victories in their last six games with a first-time starting QB. Book was the first Notre Dame QB to win a starting debut in a true road game since 1995.
- 5 RB Josh Adams eclipsed the 100-yard mark against Miami (Ohio) on just his fifth carry of the game, setting a personal best for fewest rushes to reach the century mark. He now owns 12 career 100-plus yard rushing games.
- 4 Notre Dame is one of four major programs (Power 5+ND) to average over 300 rushing yards per game this season. At 308.0 yards per game, the Irish are joined by Georgia Tech, Alabama and Arizona. In all of FBS, only those four teams and the option attacks of the three service academies are better than 300 yards per game on the ground.
- 3 With its third consecutive road win over a Power 5 foe at North Carolina on Oct. 7, Notre Dame became just the third team in FBS with three road wins over Power 5 opposition (Washington and Georgia). It's the first time Notre Dame has accomplished the feat since 2012.
- 2 Notre Dame RB Josh Adams ranks second nationally in yards per carry. His average of 9.02 per rush trails only Stanford's Bryce Love (10.27) and would break the school record for rushing yards per attempt in a season currently owned by George Gipp at 8.11 (827 yards on 102 carries) in 1920.
- 1 For the first time in school history, Notre Dame had two players eclipse 200 rushing yards in the same game at Boston College. RB Josh Adams went for 234 yards, while QB Brandon Wimbush ran for 213 yards.
- 0 Not a single ticket has remained for a Notre Dame home game since 1973. The Southern Cal game will be the 259th consecutive sellout at Notre Dame Stadium. Fans can purchase tickets to the remaining three home games starting at $45 by visiting UND.com/BuyTickets.