Third-Ranked Irish Look To Keep Rolling Versus Wake
Oct. 31, 2017
|Notre Dame Stadium||Notre Dame, IN|
|TV: NBC | Radio: IMG College Sports||UND.com/BuyTickets|
|FIGHTING IRISH MEDIA GAMEWEEK CONTENT|
|Notre Dame Notes (PDF)||Wake Forest Notes (PDF)|
|Coach Kelly Press Conference||Coach Kelly Post-Practice|
|Coach Kelly Radio Show||Game Week Central|
|33Trucking.com||Fighting Irish Media Podcasts|
|Players: Adams | Martini | Morgan | Tranquill||Heisler: No Secrets This Week|
|Join the Team - Purchase #33Trucking Hats|
Countdown To Kickoff
- 515 With 515 rushing yards at Boston College, it marked the third-most by any Irish team in a game since 1969 when they ran for a modern school-record 597 yards against Navy. It was good for a 10.1 yards per rush average, breaking the modern Notre Dame record (10.0) set against Great Lakes in 1942.
- 10 Notre Dame's scoring defense ranks 10th in the nation, allowing 16.1 points per game. The Irish have held every opponent this season to 20 points or fewer, with four of those past opponents currently ranked among the AP Top 25. Notre Dame is the only team in FBS to have held every opponent to 20 points or fewer.
- 9 Notre Dame has three players among the top-nine nationally in fumbles recovered. Drue Tranquill has three fumbles recovered, while Shaun Crawford and Daelin Hayes each have two recoveries. Only 71 players in FBS have multiple recoveries this season and Tranquill is one of eight players in the country with three or more recoveries.
- 8 CB Julian Love became the eighth player to return two interceptions for touchdowns in a season when he recorded a pick-six against NC State to join his earlier INT return for a TD against Michigan State. Tom Zibkowski was the most recent to do so in 2005. Love's pick was the first by NC State QB Ryan Finley in 339 pass attempts.
- 7 Heisman candidate Josh Adams leads the nation with seven runs of at least 60 yards this season. In addition, he has a run of at least 70 yards in each of the last four games.
- 6 NC State's rushing defense entered last week's game ranked sixth nationally in rushing defense (91.3 yards per game) and had not allowed a 100-yard rusher all season. In Notre Dame's 35-14 win, the Irish ran for 318 yards, including 136 by halftime, eclipsing the Wolfpack's previous high for rushing yards allowed in a game of 133.
- 5.6 Heisman candidate Josh Adams leads the nation with 5.6 yards per carry after contact. He has totaled 736 yards after contact this season, a mark which on its own would rank 31st in the country in rushing yards.
- 5 Irish RB Josh Adams ranks fifth nationally with 1,169 rushing yards this season. He is one of just 10 players in the country to reach 1,000 yards before the end of October and Adams has fewer rushes than any of the 10 with 132.
- 4 Notre Dame has not committed a turnover in four games this season. The Irish rank 15th nationally with just seven turnovers on the year and 11th nationally in turnovers gained with 18, good for a turnover margin which ranks seventh in FBS. Notre Dame has outscored opponents 101-10 off turnovers this season.
- 3 Brandon Wimbush is the third QB in school history to eclipse both 500 rushing yards and 1,000 passing yards in the same season. He joins Tony Rice (1988 and `89) and DeShone Kizer (2015).
- 2 Heisman trophy candidate Josh Adams is one of just two players in Notre Dame history to reach 1,000 rushing yards for the season in eight games. He passed the mark against NC State, matching Vagas Ferguson who hit 1,000 in eight games in 1979. Adams was the fastest to 1,000 in terms of carries in school history.
- 1 RB Josh Adams is the only player in FBS since at least 1996 to break a TD run of at least 70 yards in four consecutive games. Per STATS, he passed four players since `96 who had runs of 70-plus in three straight games, including Heisman trophy winner Ricky Williams.
- 0 Not a single ticket has remained for a Notre Dame home game since 1973. The NC State game was the 260th consecutive sellout at Notre Dame Stadium. Tickets remain for the Wake Forest and Navy games, which can be purchased at UND.com/BuyTickets.