Third-Ranked Irish Trucking To Undefeated Miami
Nov. 7, 2017
|Hard Rock Stadium||Miami Gardens, FL|
|TV: ABC | Radio: IMG College Sports||Notre Dame Ticket Exchange by Vivid Seats|
|FIGHTING IRISH MEDIA GAMEWEEK CONTENT|
|Notre Dame Notes (PDF)||Miami Notes (PDF)|
|Coach Kelly Press Conference||Coach Kelly Post-Practice - Thursday 6 p.m.|
|Coach Kelly Radio Show - Thursday 7 p.m.||Game Week Central|
|33Trucking.com | Purchase Hats||Fighting Irish Media Podcasts|
|Heisler: Adams Keeps On Trucking||ICON: Wake Forest|
|Players: Adams | Martini | McGlinchey | Morgan | Tranquill||On The Field: Smythe|
Countdown To Kickoff
- 515 With 515 rushing yards at Boston College, it marked the third-most by any Irish team in a game since 1969 when they ran for a modern school-record 597 yards against Navy. It was good for a 10.1 yards per rush average, breaking the modern Notre Dame record (10.0) set against Great Lakes in 1942.
- 100 Brian Kelly will coach his 100th game at Notre Dame on Saturday, becoming just the fifth head coach in school history to reach the milestone. He joins Knute Rockne, Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian and Lou Holtz.
- 10 Notre Dame had six players (Heisman trophy candidate Josh Adams, RB Tony Jones Jr., RB Dexter Williams, RB Deon McIntosh, WR Kevin Stepherson and QB Brandon Wimbush) record runs of at least 10 yards vs. Wake Forest.
- 9 OG Quenton Nelson is the highest-rated offensive guard in the country by Pro Football Focus (38.8), grading out more than nine points higher than the next highest rated guard (29.0). Nelson has not allowed a sack in 635 snaps.
- 8 CB Julian Love became the eighth Irish player to return two interceptions for touchdowns in a season when he recorded a pick-six against NC State to join his earlier INT return for a TD against Michigan State. Love recorded his third pick against Wake Forest and owns a single-season school-record 14 pass break-ups.
- 7 With seven TD runs of at least 60 yards this season, Heisman candidate Josh Adams leads the nation in that category.
- 6 NC State's rushing defense entered the Oct. 28 contest ranked sixth nationally in rushing defense and had not allowed a 100-yard rusher all season. In Notre Dame's 35-14 win, the Irish ran for 318 yards, including 136 by halftime, eclipsing the Wolfpack's previous high for rushing yards allowed in a game of 133.
- 5 Notre Dame has not committed a turnover in five games this season. The Irish are tied for fifth nationally in turnover margin with 19 forced turnovers and seven giveaways. More importantly, Notre Dame is outscoring opponents off those turnovers, 108-10.
- 4 RB Josh Adams owns four rushing TDs this season versus AP ranked opponents. Only one running back in the nation has more against ranked foes.
- 3 Brandon Wimbush is the third QB in school history to eclipse both 500 rushing yards and 1,000 passing yards in the same season. He joins Tony Rice (1988 and `89) and DeShone Kizer (2015).
- 2 Heisman trophy candidate Josh Adams is one of just two players in Notre Dame history to reach 1,000 rushing yards for the season in eight games. He passed the mark against NC State, matching Vagas Ferguson who hit 1,000 in eight games in 1979. Adams was the fastest to 1,000 in terms of carries in school history.
- 1 Heisman trophy candidate Josh Adams is the only player in the FBS since at least 1996 to break a TD run of at least 70 yards in four consecutive games. Per STATS, he passed four players since `96 who had TD runs of 70-plus in three straight games, including Heisman trophy winner Ricky Williams.
- 0 Not a single ticket has remained for a Notre Dame home game since 1973. The Wake Forest game was the 261st consecutive sellout at Notre Dame Stadium. Tickets remain for the Navy contest and can be purchased at UND.com/BuyTickets.