No. 8 Notre Dame Plays Host To Navy, Celebrates Rockne
Nov. 14, 2017
|Notre Dame Stadium||Notre Dame, IN|
|TV: NBC | Radio: IMG College Sports||UND.com/BuyTickets|
|FIGHTING IRISH MEDIA GAMEWEEK CONTENT|
|Notre Dame Notes (PDF)||Navy Notes (PDF)|
|Coach Kelly Press Conference||Coach Kelly Post-Practice - Thursday 6 p.m.|
|Coach Kelly Radio Show - Thursday 7 p.m.||Game Week Central|
|33Trucking.com | Purchase Hats||Fighting Irish Media Podcasts|
|Inside Notre Dame Football||ICON: Miami|
|Rockne Heritage Uniforms||Players: Martini | McGlinchey | Tranquill|
|On The Field: VanGorder|
Countdown To Kickoff
- 515 With 515 rushing yards at Boston College, it marked the third-most by any Irish team in a game since 1969 when they ran for a modern school-record 597 yards against Navy. It was good for a 10.1 yards per rush average, breaking the modern Notre Dame record (10.0) set against Great Lakes in 1942.
- 100 Brian Kelly coached his 100th game at Notre Dame against Miami last week, becoming just the fifth head coach in school history to reach the milestone. He joins Knute Rockne, Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian and Lou Holtz.
- 10 Notre Dame had six players (Heisman trophy candidate Josh Adams, RB Tony Jones Jr., RB Dexter Williams, RB Deon McIntosh, WR Kevin Stepherson and QB Brandon Wimbush) record runs of at least 10 yards vs. Wake Forest.
- 9 With nine runs of at least 60 yards this season, the Irish are tied for the national lead in that category. Two of those runs came against teams currently ranked in the AP Top 25, making Notre Dame one of just three teams in FBS to have broken multiple runs of 60 yards against ranked teams this year.
- 8 CB Julian Love became the eighth Irish player to return two interceptions for touchdowns in a season when he recorded a pick-six against NC State to join his earlier INT return for a TD against Michigan State. Love recorded his third pick against Wake Forest and owns a single-season school-record 14 pass break-ups.
- 7 With seven runs of at least 60 yards this season, Heisman candidate Josh Adams leads the nation in that category.
- 6 NC State's rushing defense entered the Oct. 28 contest ranked sixth nationally in rushing defense and had not allowed a 100-yard rusher all season. In Notre Dame's 35-14 win, the Irish ran for 318 yards, including 136 by halftime, eclipsing the Wolfpack's previous high for rushing yards allowed in a game of 133.
- 5 Notre Dame has not committed a turnover in five games this season. The Irish are tied for 14th nationally in turnover margin with 19 forced turnovers and 11 giveaways. More importantly, Notre Dame is outscoring opponents off those turnovers, 108-34.
- 4 In games against Power 5 foes, Notre Dame ranks fourth nationally with 284.63 yards per game. In addition, the Irish are one of just four teams to have eclipsed 2,000 rushing yards against Power 5 opponents this season (Georgia Tech, Arizona and Alabama).
- 3 Brandon Wimbush is the third QB in school history to eclipse both 500 rushing yards and 1,000 passing yards in the same season. He joins Tony Rice (1988 and `89) and DeShone Kizer (2015).
- 2 Heisman trophy candidate Josh Adams is one of just two players in Notre Dame history to reach 1,000 rushing yards for the season in eight games. He passed the mark against NC State, matching Vagas Ferguson who hit 1,000 in eight games in 1979. Adams was the fastest to 1,000 in terms of carries in school history.
- 1 Notre Dame ranks first or second in the nation in runs of at least 20 yards (2nd, 37), 30 yards (2nd, 25), 40 yards (2nd, 15), 50 yards (t-2nd, 11), 60 yards (t-1st, nine) and 70 yards (2nd, four).
- 0 No FBS player since 1996 other than Heisman trophy candidate Josh Adams has broke a TD run of at least 70 yards in four consecutive games. Per STATS, he passed four players since `96 who had TD runs of 70-plus in three straight games, including Heisman trophy winner Ricky Williams.