BCS National Championship Bowl Student Ticket Lottery Information:
- All eligible students will receive an email Sunday (December 2nd) night with details on how to enter the lottery. Students will need to enter their student ID number and birthday (example May 5 should be entered 0505) online to gain access to their lottery application.
- Current full time undergraduate, graduate, and professional students at Notre Dame and St. Mary's are eligible to enter the lottery.
- Students may enter the lottery (1) time for one (1) game ticket. There are no exceptions.
- Upon entering the lottery, the full amount of the face value of the ticket ($150), plus a service fee ($20), must be paid by credit card.
- At the conclusion of the lottery entry period, winners will be randomly selected. Participants can check the lottery results website starting at 5:00 PM on Monday, December 10th.
- Tickets are non-transferrable and may only be used by the winning student. The winning student must present their valid ND/SMC student ID at the pickup location beginning approximately 36 hours prior to kickoff. Pickup times and locations will be in Miami (details TBD).
- If a student is unsuccessful in the lottery, the cost of the ticket will be automatically credited back to the credit card used (minus $20 service fee) within one to two days of lottery results being posted.
- Since all tickets are paid for at the time a student enters the lottery, and tickets are non-transferrable, there will be no unsold tickets available.
- The lottery is conducted exclusively by the Notre Dame Athletic Ticket Office.
Frequently Asked Questions about the student bowl ticket lottery:
Eligibility and preference
Who is eligible to apply for bowl tickets?
Current full time undergraduate, graduate, and professional students at Notre Dame and St. Mary's are eligible to enter the lottery.
Are spouses of students at ND/SMC/HCC eligible to enter into the lottery?
No. Only full time Notre Dame and St. Mary's students are eligible.
Are students who were abroad in the fall, and therefore didn't buy season football tickets, eligible to enter the lottery?
Yes. Any full time student of Notre Dame and St. Mary's is eligible.
If the staff and alumni lottery is weighted based on relationship with the university, is there a weighted eligibility for students as well?
No. The student lottery is a random lottery.
How many tickets are available for students through the lottery?
How many tickets is each winning student allowed to purchase?
Each student is allowed apply for one (1) ticket.
If I enter the lottery, am I guaranteed a ticket?
No. Entering the lottery does not guarantee any student a ticket.
What is the timeline for the lottery?
The lottery will run from Sunday, December 1st - Wednesday, December 5th 5:00pm.
Are tickets all the same price?
All student tickets are the same price.
Are there any additional fees for entering the lottery?
There is a $20 non-refundable service fee.
If I am not successful, when will my money be refunded?
Payment minus the $20 service fee will be refunded within one to two days after the conclusion of the lottery.
If I am successful in the lottery, am I required to buy the ticket?
Yes. Payment is required to enter the lottery and there are no refunds, exchanges, or transfers.
If I am successful in the lottery, may I pass the ticket along to a sibling or relative who is also a student at ND/SMC? What about a spouse of a student at ND/SMC?
No. Tickets are non-transferrable and may only be used by the winning student.
If I am the only one of my friends who is successful in the lottery, do I have an option to return the ticket or decline the purchase?
No. Payment is required to enter the lottery and there are no refunds, exchanges, or transfers.
If I am successful in the lottery, when and where will I pick up my ticket?
Tickets may be picked up at the Notre Dame Will Call located at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL on Saturday, January 5th and Sunday, January 6th from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
What do I need to bring with me in order to claim the ticket? (proof of purchase, ID, etc.)
Your Notre Dame or St. Mary's student ID will be needed to pick up their ticket.
What if I lost my student ID or I forget to bring it with me on the trip? Will a state-issued ID be sufficient to prove my identity?
All students must show their valid Notre Dame or St. Mary's student ID when picking up their ticket.
Will I be able to get tickets with my friends?
There is no grouping process when applying for the lottery. However, those who wish to sit together should pick up tickets together as they will be assigned when distributed.
Will I be able to move around in the stadium in order to sit with my friends as I do at Notre Dame Stadium?
No. Each ticket has a specific assigned seat.
If I require ADA seating, what should I do?
Please contact the ticket office at 574-631-7356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If I am suddenly unable to attend due to an emergency or other extenuating circumstance, may I have a refund or transfer my ticket to someone else?
There are no refunds, exchanges, or transfers.
What if weather, flight cancellation, car trouble or other issues prevent me from attending?
There are no refunds, exchanges, or transfers.
Who may I contact with questions or for assistance in the days surrounding the bowl game?
www.und.com/tickets will have bowl information posted when available.
Where can I find out information about the BCS National Championship events, activities, hotels, etc.?
For more details on Notre Dame specific events please visit mynotredame.edu or contact the Alumni Association.