AS A JUNIOR:
- Top Individual at Badger Invitational & Prestige at PGA West
- Top finishes: 3rd at Badger Invitational (207, -9) // T-7th at Fighting Irish Classic (208, -2) // T-12th at Schenkel (213, -3) // T-18th at K-State (213, -3)
- Earned two top-10 finishes & five within the top-25
- Shot a round low of 66 in 3rd round at Badger Inv.
- Shot a 54-hole, par-72, low of 207 at Badger Inv.
- His -6 (66) tied Kevin Conners for the best round on the year
- -6 also tied for the second best round score all-time in program history
- His -9 tied for fourth lowest 54-hole tournament score all-time
- Averaged 73.13 strokes per round
- Finished four tournaments under par
- Tallied the second best fall average (72.13)
- Produced the most rounds in the 60’s with a total of seven
- Currently ranks third all-time in career stroke average at 73.10
- Career wise – ranks 8th in percentage of rounds counted at 88.9 percent (80-90)
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Played in all 11 tournaments (31 rounds).
- Had two top-five finishes, three top-10 finishes, and five top-25 finishes.
- Led the team’s regulars by having 96.8% of his rounds count (30 of 31).
- First place finish at the Georgetown Intercollegiate (Oct. 17-18).
- His 11-under par score at Georgetown set a school record while his 202 total is second-best in school history.
- Second on the team with a 72.65 stroke average.
- Runner-up at the Battle at the Warren (April 15), scoring a 142.
- Shot 10 par-or-better rounds on the year, second-best on the team.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Played in all 11 tournaments (30 rounds).
- Had one top-five finish, three top-10 finishes, and eight top-25 finishes.
- Second on the team with a 74.13 stroke average.
- Twenty-six of his 27 rounds counted towards the team’s score, which ranked second on the team (.963).
- His 67 in the third round of the Fighting Irish Golf Classic (Sept. 22) was the lowest round on the team in 2015-16.
- Led the team to a first overall finish and came in first individually in the Battle at the Warren by shooting a one-under par 141 (April 16).
- Tied for eighth at the National Invitational Tournament after carding a five-under par 211.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Birdied final two holes to win the New Mexico state high school championship by five strokes, powering Albuquerque Academy to a one-stroke team victory in 2014.
- Achievement was recognized in Sports Illustrated "Faces in the Crowd" segment.
- Was a two-time team and individual New Mexico State champion in high school.
- Ranked 23rd in the final AJGA Class of 2015 rankings.
- In the summer before his freshman season had impressive results that included a third-place showing at the AJGA Eagles Dream, a second-place finish at the AJGA LA Open, placing seventh at the Northern Am and a 14th-place finish at the Western Junior.
- Also advanced to the Round of 32 Pacific Northwest Amateur and to the Round of 64 British Boys Amateur (29th in stroke play field of 252).
- Posted a tie for fourth finish at the PGA Junior Series at Arbor Links earlier in 2014.
- Added top 25 results at the 2014 AJGA L.A. Junior Open, AJGA Junior at Mayacama and the AJGA PING Phoenix Junior.
- Qualified for the 2014 United States Amateur Championship at the Atlanta Athletic Club.
- Competed with Team USA at the 2013 and 2014 DBC Junior Challenge Cup.
- Paced Team New Mexico at the 2014 USGA Men's State Team Championship, finishing in a tie for 27th place overall.
- Member of the Junior America's Cup team in 2013.
- Placed in the top 10 at the 2013 FCWT Tour Championship at PGA National and the North and South Junior Championship at Pinehurst Resort, and in the top 15 at the 2013 New Mexico-West Texas Amateur Championship.
- Placed second at the 2013 FCWT Omni Tucson National and third at the AJGA Junior at Centennial.
- Top 15 finish at the 2013 Junior Orange Bowl International Golf Championship.
- 2013-14 FCWT all-academic team selection.
- 2013 AJGA Scholastic All-America honorable mention recipient.
- National Merit Scholar semifinalist.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business majoring in finance.
Albin's Career Statistics:
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Count||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 36||Top 54||Top Finish (Field)- Event|
|2015-16||11||30||26/27||2,224||74.13||67 (-3)||136 (-7)||216 (+1)||1st (Battle at the Warren)|
|2016-17||11||31||30/31||2,252||72.65||66 (-5)||134 (-8)||202 (-11)||1st (Georgetown Intercollegiate)|
|2017-18||11||32||25/32||2,340||73.13||66 (-6)||--||207 (-9)||3rd (Badger Invitational)|
|Career||33||93||81/90||6,816||73.29||66 (-5)||136 (-8)||202 (-11)||1st, twice|