AS A SENIOR:
- Played in all 11 tournaments, counting 28 of his 31 rounds.
- Had two top-five finishes, three top-10 finishes, and eight top-25 finishes.
- Led the team in stroke average with 72.29, ranking third in school history.
- Placed first at the Fighting Irish Gridiron Golf Classic (Oct. 11) with a score of 201 (nine-under par).
- The 201 score set a school record for 54-hole tournaments.
- Led the team with 18 par-or-better rounds.
- Notre Dame’s top finisher in the National Invitational Tournament (Feb. 28) with a 214 (-2), tying for 18th overall.
AS A JUNIOR:
- Played in all 11 tournaments (30 of 30 rounds).
- Posted two top-five finishes, two top-10 finishes and four top-25 showings.
- Notched his best finish at the Fighting Irish Golf Classic when he tied for second by firing a three-under par 210 (Sept. 21-22).
- Had a 75.10 stroke average for the year, which ranked third on the team.
- Ranked fourth on the team as 22 of his 27 rounds counted towards team scoring (.815).
- Tied for third at the Battle at the Warren (April 16) by shooting a three-over par 145.
- Totaled five under-par rounds on the season as well as four even-par rounds.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Competed in nine tournaments during sophomore season, making seven starts in the Notre Dame lineup.
- Logged a 76.04 stroke average over 25 total rounds, including five playing unattached.
- Posted two top 25 results, including first career top 10 finish.
- Led all Notre Dame players with .950 clip (19-for-20) of staring lineup rounds counting toward the team score.
- Tied for 10th place at the Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge (Aug. 30), carding rounds of 73-75=148 (+6).
- Placed in a tie for 33rd place at the Fighting Irish Golf Classic (Sept. 28-30), posting a final score of 227 (75-73-79).
- Was the top Notre Dame finisher at the Jones Invitational (Feb. 23-24, 74-76-76=226), the Lamkin San Diego Classic (March 9-10, 76-80-71=227) and the Talis Park Challenge (March 15-16, 70-74-71=215), tying for 20th place overall at Talis Park.
- Led all Notre Dame players by tying for 43rd place with a final score of 227 (77-76-74) at the ACC Championship (April 24-26).
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Appeared in six tournaments during first collegiate season, earning a start in five events.
- Compiled a 78.17 scoring average over 18 competitive rounds, and posted one top-40 finish.
- Tied for 57th place in first career start at the Gopher Invitational (Sept. 8-9) after firing a cumulative 234 (83-75-76).
- Carded season's best round, a one-over par 72, in the first round of the Fighting Irish Gridiron Golf Classic (Sept. 23-24) at the Warren Golf Course.
- Posted best career finish in a tie for 34th place at the Georgetown Intercollegiate (Oct. 21-22) (73-76-77-226).
- Finished in a tie for 42nd place in first career spring season start at the Lamkin San Diego Classic (March 10-11), posting best score in relation to par at 12-over-par (76-76-76).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Letterwinner at Orange Lutheran High School.
- Earned seven top-10 finishes on the summer circuit in 2012, claiming the tournament title at the American Junior Golf Association Ping Phoenix event.
- Runner-up at the 2012 CIF Southern Section Championship after firing a five-under par 67 at the Riverside Country Club.
- Turned in three straight rounds in the 60s (69-69-68) to finish fourth at the 2012 AJGA Heather Farr tournament.
- Won the 2011 Junior World Qualifier at Buenaventura Golf Course, carding a four-under 66.
- Triumphed over 64 other players to win a youth major at the Kiawah Island Golf Resort Turtle Point and Ocean Course.
- Won the 2010 Toyota Tour Cup Qualifying School tournament at Menifee Lakes.
- Was the youngest contestant to ever qualify for the Golf Channel's Drive, Chip, and Putt competition.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.
Barens' Career Statistics
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Count||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 36||Top 54||Top Finish (Field)- Event|
|2013-14||6||18||8/15||1,407||78.17||72 (+1)||149 (+7)||226 (+13)||T-34th (Georgetown Intercollegiate)|
|2014-15||9||25||19/20||1,901||76.04||70 (-1)||144 (+2)||215 (+2)||T-10th (Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge)|
|2015-16||11||30||22/27||2,253||75.10||69 (-2)||141 (-1)||210 (-3)||T-2nd (Fighting Irish Golf Classic)|
|2016-17||11||31||28/31||2,241||72.29||66 (-4)||133 (-7)||201 (-11)||1st (Fighting Irish Gridiron Golf Classic)|
|Career||37||104||77/93||7,802||74.23||66 (-4)||133 (-7)||201 (-11)||1st ('16 Fighting Irish Golf Classic)|