AS A SENIOR:
- Played in Fighting Irish Clasic - Shot a 240.
AS A JUNIOR:
- Competed in two tournaments as an individual.
- Finished in the top-25 once as he tied for 19th.
- Scored 161 (+21) to earn him a tie for 19th at the Battle at the Warren (April 15), his highest placing of the season.
- Recorded a 217 (+7) in the Fighting Irish Gridiron Golf Classic (Oct. 9-11), tying for 37th.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Played in three tournaments as an individual entrant, including the Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge (Aug. 30), the Fighting Irish Golf Classic (Sept. 21-22) and the Jerry Murray Invitational (Oct. 22-24).
- Placed 16th at the Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge after carding an eight-over par 150.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Appeared in one tournament during freshman fall schedule, tying for 46th place at the Fighting Irish Golf Classic (Sept. 28-30) with a three-round score of 234 (70-80-84).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Won a pair of high school state championships at the 4A (2012-13, Bishop Manogue Catholic High School) and 2A (2010-11, Sage Ridge School) level.
- Division I 4A all-regional first team selection in 2013.
- All-state choice at Sage Ridge School in 2011.
- Named the Sage Ridge team Most Valuable Player in 2011.
- Ranked 86th overall according to the AJGA Polo rankings, including 39th in the class of 2014.
- Fired a three-round total of 205 (69-66-70) to win the AJGA Ping Phoenix event in 2013.
- Six top-10 FCWT finishes, including three results in the top five.
- Won the 2012 Northern Nevada Junior World Qualifier - multi-time winner on the state's junior tour with the lowest overall stroke averages during the 2011 and 2012 seasons.
- 2013 AP Scholar and HP Scholar All-America recipient.
- FCWT All-Academic Team selection in 2013, and was an honorable mention FCWT All-American in 2011.
- 2013 AJGA-USGA President's Award finalist, Nevada Division I 4A academic all-state and Harvard Prize Book Award recipient.
- Named one of the top-30 fundraisers in AJGA Leadership Links Fundraising for Children's Cancer in 2011-12.
- Founder and president of the Manogue Minors Volunteer Music Ensemble for Music Therapy, created in 2012.
- Group leader during the 2012 Northern Nevada Special Olympics Regional Basketball Tournament.
- Son of Peter and Kerri Verhey.
- Has two siblings, Erik and Britta.
- A double major in science and business.
Verhey's Career Statistics
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Count||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 36||Top 54||Top Finish (Field)- Event|
|2014-15||1||3||0/0||234||78.00||70 (-1)||150 (+8)||234 (+21)||T-46th (Fighting Irish Golf Classic)|
|2015-16||3||8||0/0||626||78.25||73 (+2)||150 (+7)||226 (+12)||16th (ND Kickoff Challenge)|
|2016-17||2||5||0/0||378||75.60||71 (+1)||144 (+4)||217 (+7)||T-19 (Battle at the Warren)|
|2017-18||1||3||0/0||240||80.00||78 (+8)||-||240 (+30)||73rd (Fighting Irish Classic)|
|Career||7||19||0/0||1,478||77.79||70 (-1)||150 (+7)||217 (+7)||16th ('15 ND Kickoff Challenge)|