AS A SENIOR:
- Competed in three tournaments, all as an individual.
- Had one top-10 finish and one in the top-25.
- His stroke average of 72.71 ranked him third among the team.
- Tied for seventh place at the Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge (Sept. 3) where he had an even-par 142.
AS A JUNIOR:
- Competed in six tournaments for the Irish and posted a 78.07 stroke average.
- His three starts in the fall semester came as an individual before working his way into the lineup for three team starts in the spring semester, including the ACC Championship (April 22-24).
- Shot a two-over par 144 to earn his best finish of the season - a second-place showing at the Battle at the Warren (April 16).
- Tied for 19th at the Jerry Murray Invitational in Waterville, Ireland by carding a 24-over par 240 in challenging conditions at the famed Waterville Golf Links.
- His other top-20 finish came in the Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge (August 30).
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Saw action in seven tournaments as a sophomore, starting six events for the Irish.
- Compiled a 77.95 stroke average over 20 total rounds, with two rounds as an unattached competitor.
- Claimed one top 25 finish.
- Established a career-best finish in solo 16th place at the Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge (Aug. 30) at the Warren Golf Course.
- Season-low round of 71 in first start of the fall season during day one of the Windon Memorial (Sept. 21-22).
- Finished third among all Notre Dame entrants at the Jones Invitational (Feb. 23-24), carding a three-round score of 230 (77-77-76).
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Appeared in first three career collegiate tournaments, playing as a member of the starting five in each event, as part of six tournament appearances during freshman season.
- Posted a 76.11 stroke average over 18 competitive rounds.
- Finished in solo 44th place with a score of 226 (78-73-75) at the Gopher Invitational.
- Tied for 46th place with a matching score of 226 (75-76-75) at the Fighting Irish Gridiron Golf Classic.
- Shared 43rd place (75-76-81-232) at the Crooked Stick Invitational.
- Carded a career-low round of 70 during the second round of the Irish Creek Collegiate (April 5-6).
- Posted best finish of the season in final start at the Notre Dame Oak Hill Intercollegiate (April 21-22), tying for 26th place (234).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Team captain of the Surrey U18 team.
- Fired a two-round score of five-under par to win the 2012 Ashford Manor Club Championship.
- Reached the semifinals of the Surrey Men's Amateur, a 100-player starting tournament field.
- Third-place finisher in the English Golf Union South East Boys qualifying tournament.
- Played into the Last 16 of the British Boys Championships from a field of 252 golfers.
- Team captain of the Middlesex Schools and Hampton School squads as a junior.
- Won the Men's Scratch Autumn event at Ashford Manor.
- Finished 26th in the American Junior Golf Association Jones Cup Junior Invitational at Sea Island Golf Club in Georgia.
- Surrey U16 captain during his sophomore year, and earned an international cap for England against the Scottish U16 team.
- South of England Schools champion.
- Has also participated in soccer, cricket and tennis at the Hampton School.
- Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award winner.
- Member of the Royal Institute of Philosophy.
- Son of Peter and Ann Cox.
- Has one sister, Alice.
- Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters.
Cox's Career Statistics
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Count||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 36||Top 54||Top Finish (Field)- Event|
|2013-14||6||18||12/18||1,370||76.11||70 (-1)||148 (+8)||225 (+9)||T-26th (Oak Hill Intercollegiate)|
|2014-15||7||20||9/18||1,559||77.95||71 (+1)||144 (+4)||220 (+10)||16th (Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge)|
|2015-16||6||15||5/7||1,171||78.07||70 (-1)||144 (+1)||232 (+18)||2nd (Battle at the Warren|
|2016-17||3||7||0/0||509||72.71||70 (-1)||142 (E)||215 (+5)||T-7th (ND Kickoff Challenge)|
|Career||22||60||26/43||4,609||75.03||70 (-1)||142 (E)||215 (+5)||2nd ('16 Battle at the Warren)|