AS A JUNIOR:
- Competed in five tournaments during the 2016-17 season in which he represented the Irish in three.
- Finished in the top-five twice and the top-25 once.
- Earned fourth place finishes at both the Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge (Sept. 3) and the Battle at the Warren (April 15), scoring 139 and 146 respectively.
- Had a stroke average of 73.15 on the year.
- Tied for 14th at the Georgetown Intercollegiate (Oct. 17-18) with a 216 (+3).
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Played in six tournaments, including two as a member of Notre Dame’s starting lineup.
- Shot a 13-over par 155 to tie for 20th at the Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge while playing as an individual (Aug. 30).
- Had his best finish at the Battle at the Warren when he carded a three-over par 145 to tie for third (April 16).
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Started 10 of Notre Dame's 11 tournaments as a freshman.
- Logged a 75.79 stroke average in 28 individual rounds, including four at par or better.
- A total of 20 of 28 rounds (.714) counted toward the Notre Dame team total.
- Tied for 11th place (73-76=149) in first career start at the Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge (Aug. 30).
- Carded a second round 71 as part of a share of 24th place at 225 (76-71-78) at the Gopher Invitational (Sept. 7-8).
- Enjoyed best fall finish at the Fighting Irish Golf Classic (Sept. 28-30), claiming solo eighth place at 216 (71-73-72, +3).
- Tied for 20th place at 215 (69-73-73) to lead Notre Dame at the Talis Park Challenge (March 15-16).
- Placed 58th in first career ACC Championship (April 24-26) after carding a three-day score of 236 (79-81-76).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Served as the team captain for Upper St. Clair High School during his senior season.
- Medalist in eight regular-season matches.
- Won the 2013 WPIAL Section 7 Individual Championship after shooting a three-under-par round of 68.
- Third-place finisher at the 2013 WPIAL Individual Championship with another 68 (-2).
- Placed 10th at the 2013 Pennsylvania State Individual Finals with a two-round score of 154.
- Helped lead Upper St. Clair High to its first-ever team state championship, claiming medalist honors with a round of 70 (E).
- Was team medalist in 10 regular-season matches as a junior in 2012.
- 2012 WPIAL Section 7 individual champion, firing a winning score of two-under-par 70.
- Medalist at the WPIAL Championship tournament as a sophomore in 2011 (72, E).
- Team finished as the runner-up in the 2011 state championship tournament.
- Enjoyed a banner season on the summer junior circuit in 2013, winning the AJGA Junior Preseason tournament in June with a two-round score of 143 (71-72).
- Added six addition top-10 results, including three runner-up finishes.
- Won three consecutive tournaments during the 2011 summer schedule, which included a final round 67 at the Tri-State Jr. PGA Championship.
- Has also lettered in basketball and baseball.
- Participated in Birdies for a Cause, which raised money with each birdie recorded during his junior and senior seasons - 105 birdies netted almost $1,500 for charity.
- Member of the National Honor Society.
- Three-year member of Athletes Taking Action, and has also served as a junior mentor.
- Son of Greg and Gina Steve.
- Has three siblings, Ally, Jack and Sara.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business majoring in finance.
Steve's Career Statistics
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Count||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 36||Top 54||Top Finish (Field)- Event|
|2014-15||10||28||20/28||2,122||75.79||69 (-2)||142 (E)||215 (+2)||8th (Fighting Irish Golf Classic)|
|2015-16||6||16||2/6||1,253||78.31||72 (+1)||145 (+2)||224 (+10)||T3rd (Battle at the Warren)|
|2016-17||5||13||5/8||951||73.15||68 (-3)||139 (-3)||215 (+5)||4th (2x, last Battle at the Warren)|
|Career||21||57||27/42||4,326||74.92||68 (-3)||139 (-3)||215 (+2)||T3rd ('16 Battle at the Warren)|