2017-18 AWARDS AND HONORS
• Named Big Ten Third Star of the Week (Dec. 12)
• Notre Dame Club of St. Joseph Valley Rockne Student-Athlete Award
• Academic All-Big Ten
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Ranked second overall in goals with 14 and fourth in points with 26.
• Scored his first goal of the season to put the Irish up 1-0 just 62 seconds into the game one loss to Sacred Heart (Oct. 19).
• Scored his second goal of the season against Omaha on Notre Dame’s 6-4 loss (Oct. 26).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 5-4 win over Omaha (Oct. 27).
• Scored the first goal in Notre Dame’s wins at #16 Ohio State (Nov. 3 & 4).
• Notched the game winner in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win at RPI (Nov. 17).
• Scored a pair of goals to lead Notre Dame to a 5-2 win over sixth-ranked Minnesota (Nov. 25), marking his first career two-goal game.
• Scored the game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 3-1 win at Michigan State (Dec. 1).
• Posted his first career hat trick and led the Irish to a 6-2 win at 12th-ranked Wisconsin (Dec. 9) as Notre Dame closed out the first semester on a 13-game winning streak.
• It marked the first Notre Dame hat trick since Steven Fogarty found the back of the net three times against Penn State on Oct. 16, 2015.
• Named the Big Ten’s Third Star of the Week following that series at Wisconsin (Dec. 12).
• Missed game two at Minnesota (Jan. 27) with a lower body injury.
• Had a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 2-2 tie (shootout win) at Penn State (Feb. 3).
• Recorded one assist in each of the B1G playoff games against Penn State (March 10) and Ohio State (March 17).
• Had the primary assist on Dylan Malmquist’s game-winning goal in the East Regional Final against Providence (March 24).
• Recorded a goal against Michigan in the Frozen Four, helping the Irish to a berth in the National Championship game (April 5).
AS A FRESHMAN
• Opened his Irish career by notching an assist in the first game of the season, a 9-2 win over Arizona State (Oct. 7).
• Posted his first career multi-point game with two assists in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win over UMass Lowell (Nov. 18).
• Scored his first career goal in Notre Dame’s 5-0 win over Alaska (Dec. 31).
• Scored the empty net tally to seal Notre Dame’s 4-1 win over Vermont (Feb. 4).
• Scored his first career game winner 59 seconds into the third period against 10th-ranked Providence in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win (Feb.17).
• Injured in game one of the Hockey East quarterfinal series with Providence (lower body).
• Finished his first season with the Irish with three goals and eight assists for a total of 11 points.
IN THE USHL
• Joined the Irish after spending the previous two seasons (2014-16) with Cedar Rapids, where he served as the team captain in 2015-16.
• In his second full year with the RoughRiders, he totaled 14 goals and 25 assists for 39 points in 56 games.
• In five playoff games, he scored three goals, including one game winner, and added an assist.
• His 39 points ranked fourth on the team, while his 14 goals and 25 assists tied for fourth.
• During his first full season with Cedar Rapids (2014-15), he skated in 60 games and notched 20 goals and 20 assists for 40 points.
• Played in the 2015 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game (Dubuque, Iowa) and helped Team East to a 7-4 win by scoring a goal and adding an assist (his goal was assisted by future Irish teammate Dennis Gilbert).
• He started his Cedar Rapids career in 2012-13, playing in five games to end the season.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Graduated from George Washington High School in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
• Attended the Noble and Greenough School (Dedham, Massachusetts) from 2011-14 and totaled 89 points (34-55-89) over three seasons (83 GP).
• Served as team captain for Noble and Greenough during the 2013-14 season.
• Also played for the Boston Jr. Bruins (2012-13), netting 12 goals and six assists for 18 points in 12 games.
• Full name is Callahan Michael Burke and he is the son of Sharon and Garrett Burke.
• His father played hockey at UMass Lowell from 1988-90.
• Has two younger brothers, Cam and C.J.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.
Goals: 3 (at Wisconsin 12/9/17)
Assists: 2 (2x - vs. Omaha 10/27/17)
Points: 3 (at Wisconsin 12/9/17)
Multi-Point Games: 6
Point Streak: 5 games; (Feb. 3 - Feb. 17)