AS A JUNIOR
• Stopped 27 of the 28 shots he faced in Notre Dame’s 3-1 win at fourth-ranked Minnesota Duluth (Oct. 15).
• Made 29 saves in Notre Dame’s 3-3 overtime tie with Penn State (Oct. 21).
• Stopped all 16 shots he faced in Notre Dame’s two period tie with Northeastern (Nov. 13) to record his sixth career shutout.
• Made a then season-high 31 saves against UMass Lowell (Nov. 17).
• Stopped all 22 shots he faced to post his second shutout of the season and the seventh of his career in Notre Dame’s 3-0 win at UMass (Dec. 3).
• Made another then season-high 34 saves in Notre Dame’s 5-0 win over Alaska for his eighth-career shutout (Dec. 31).
• Followed that up by stopping all 21 shots he faced in game two versus Alaska (Jan. 1) for his first career back-to-back shutouts.
• Named the Hockey East Co-Defensive Player of the Week following the shutouts against the Nanooks (Jan. 2).
• From Dec. 10 - Jan. 6, Petersen went 207:10 without allowing a goal, which is the second-longest shutout streak in program history.
• Stopped 21 of the 22 shots he faced in Notre Dame’s 2-1 win at Merrimack (Jan. 13).
• Stopped all 31 shots he faced in Notre Dame’s 3-0 win over New Hampshire (Jan. 21).
• Stopped 31 of the 32 shots he faced in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win over Vermont and recorded his first career assist on Cal Burke’s empty net goal.
• Stopped 33 of the 34 shots he faced to lead the Irish to a 4-1 win over 10th-ranked Providence (Feb. 17).
• Helped the Irish to a 1-0-1 weekend against Providence, including stopping 33 of 34 shots in game one and totaling 39 saves in game two (Feb. 17-18).
• Stopped all 43 shots he faced in Notre Dame’s 5-0 win over Providence in game one of the Hockey East quarterfinals (March 10).
• Stopped 28 of the 30 shots he faced in Notre Dame’s 5-2 win over Providence in game two of the Hockey East quarterfinals (March 11).
• Had an assist and made 31 saves in Notre Dame’s 3-2 comeback win over Minnesota in the first round of the NCAA Championship.
• Stopped 27 of the 29 shots he faced in Notre Dame’s 3-2 overtime win against UMass Lowell in the 2017 NCAA Northeast Regional Final (March 26).
• Named to the 2017 NCAA Northeast Regional All-Tournament Team after going 2-0-0 with a 1.96 goals against average and a .935 save percentage.
• Tallied a season-high 36 saves in the NCAA Frozen Four matchup against Denver. (Apr. 6.)
• Named a 2017 First Team Hockey East All-Star.
• Recognized as a Francis Patrick O'Connor Award Recipient at the Outstanding Student-Athletes Celebrating Achievement & Recognition Showcase.
• One of five finalists for the 2017 Mike Richter Award.
• Received the Monogram Club's co-Most Valuable Player accolade.
• Named Defensive Player of the Year for the Irish.
• Added to the roster of the U.S. Men's National Team that will compete at the 2017 IIHF Men's World Championship.
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Named an Honorable Mention Hockey East All-Star and was selected as the team's Monogram Club Most Valuable Player.
• Started all 37 games and led the nation in percentage of team minutes played (98.6%) while posting a 19-11-7 record.
• Finished the season with a 2.20 goals-against average and a .927 save percentage, which ranked 12th in the country.
• His .927 save percentage ranks as the third best, single-season mark in program history, while his 2.20 goals-against average is the sixth-best, single-season total in the Irish records book.
• Posted a 1.77 goals-against average in Hockey East Play, good for second in the league, while his .937 save percentage in league play ranked third.
• Had back-to-back 39 save efforts in a pair of ties versus Minnesota Duluth (Oct. 23-24).
• He was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week three times including Nov. 2, Jan. 4 and Jan. 24.
• One of those honors (Jan. 4) came after a dominant performance at 2016 Frozen Four participant Denver when he led the Irish to a pair of overtime ties, stopping 92 of 95 shots on goal.
• He also earned Hockey East Goaltender of the Month honors for January (5-1-3, 1.89 GAA, .940 Sv%).
• Stopped 23 of the 24 shots he faced in Notre Dame’s 2-1 win at Vermont (Feb. 5).
• Made 38 saves to lead Notre Dame to a 3-1 win and weekend sweep at Vermont (Feb. 6), including 17 saves in the third period.
• Stopped 21 of the 22 shots he faced in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win over Maine (Feb. 12) to earn the 30th win of his career.
• Stopped 40 of the 41 shots he faced to lead Notre Dame to a 5-1 win over Maine (Feb. 13).
• Made 35 saves in Notre Dame’s 3-2 overtime loss at fifth-ranked Providence (Feb. 19).
• A Mike Richter Award nominee as the nation’s top collegiate goaltender for the second consecutive year, he also led the Irish to a 1-0 win over ninth-ranked Boston University on February 27 to close out the regular season.
• He made 35 saves in that victory to earn his fifth-career shutout, which marked his highest save total in a shutout.
AS A FRESHMAN
• Named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team and to the 2015 Hockey East All-Academic Team.
• Voted the team's Rookie of the Year following the season.
• Played in 33 games (31 starts) and posted a 13-16-3 record as well as a 2.51 goals-against average and a .919 save percentage.
• Posted a 7-6-3 record to go along with a 2.06 goals-against average and a .938 save percentage in Hockey East Play.
• His 2.06 goals-against average ranked second in Hockey East, as did his .938 save percentage.
• He posted four shutouts, which tied for 11th in the nation and (first among Hockey East goaltenders).
• Made his first career start in 3-0 loss to Minnesota Duluth and made 26 saves.
• Recorded first career win by stopping 27 of 28 shots in 5-1 victory over Lake Superior State (Oct. 18).
• Posted his first career shutout in his third career start by stopping all 23 shots he faced in 7-0 win over Niagara (Oct. 25).
• Made 42 saves in the 2-2 overtime tie with Vermont (Nov. 1).
• Recorded his second shutout of the season with 14 saves in the 4-0 win at UMass (Dec. 6).
• Played games on consecutive days of the Florida College Hockey Classic (Dec. 28-29), allowing just four goals on 40 shots in action against sixth-ranked Miami and Lake Superior State.
• Named to the Florida College Hockey Classic All-Tournament Team.
• Stopped 43 of 44 shots during the 1-0-1 weekend at Maine (Feb. 6-7) en route to being named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week.
• Posted a 38-save shutout (his third shutout of the season) in Notre Dame's 2-0 win over 10th-ranked Providence College (Feb. 13).
• Earned Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week honors for a second-consecutive week following his performance against the Friars (1-1-0, 1.51 GAA, .959 Sv.%), becoming the first player since Dec. 17, 2012 to earn outright, back-to-back Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week honors.
• He also earned back-to-back Hockey East Rookie of the Week honors on March 2 and March 9.
• Made 55 saves in a 3-1 win against Boston College (Feb. 28).
• Led the nation with a .962 save percentage during the month of February and was named the Hockey East Goaltender of the Month.
• In February, he stopped 279 of the 290 shots he faced and posted a 1.48 goals against average.
• Started all six Hockey East playoff games.
• Played 151:42 in the longest collegiate hockey game ever played, a 4-3 five overtime game one loss to UMass in the opening round of the Hockey East playoffs (March 6), making a NCAA Div. I record 87 saves in that game versus the Minutemen.
• Recorded his fourth shutout of the season with a 23-save performance in game three of the opening round series to eliminate UMass.
• His four shutouts tied the Irish freshman record (David Brown in 2003-04).
IN THE NHL DRAFT
• Selected in the fifth round (129th overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft by the Buffalo Sabres.
WITH USA HOCKEY
• In international play, was 3-0-0 for the U.S. Junior Select Team on the way to a first-place finish at the 2013 World Junior A Challenge in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, where he was teammates with Connor Hurley and Jordan Gross.
• Winner of USA Hockey's Dave Peterson Goalie of the Year Award, which is presented annually to the top U.S. goaltender at the international, professional, collegiate or junior level.
IN THE USHL
• Joined the Irish after playing parts of three seasons with his hometown Waterloo Black Hawks in the United States Hockey League (USHL).
• Drafted by his hometown USHL team in the 13th round (185th overall) of the 2011 USHL Entry Draft.
• In 2013-14, led Waterloo to the USHL's Anderson Cup title as regular season champions.
• Tied for the league lead with 27 wins and was among the top 10 in goals-against average (2.50), save percentage (.915) and minutes played (2,228:40).
• In the postseason, led Waterloo to the Clark Cup finals where the Black Hawks fell to the Indiana Ice, three games to two.
• Was 8-4-0 with a 2.37 goals-against average and a .928 save percentage in the playoffs.
• Selected to the USHL all-star game and was a second team all-USHL choice.
• For his career in Waterloo, was 51-19-5 with a 2.74 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage with five shutouts.
• His 51 career wins was a Waterloo franchise record.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Attended Waterloo West High School in Waterloo, Iowa.
• Skated for the Chicago Young Americans U -18 team in the Midwest Elite Hockey League (MWEHL) prior to playing in Waterloo.
• Full name is Calvin Louis Petersen and he is the son of Eric and Mary Petersen.
• Has one sister, Annie.
• Enrolled in Notre Dame's Mendoza College of Business, pursuing a major in management consulting.
1 -- 87 (L, 4-3 in 5 OT vs. UMass 3/6/15)*
2 -- 55 (W, 3-1 vs. BC 2/28/15)
3 -- 49 (T, 1-1 at Denver 1/1/16)
4 -- 44 (W, 3-2 at BU 2/21/15)
* - NCAA Record
Assists: 3 (vs. Vermont 2/4/16; vs. Providence 3/10/17, vs. Minnesota 3/25/17)
Goals Against: 6 (twice)
1 -- vs. Niagara (10/25/14; 23 saves)
2 -- at UMass (12/6/14; 14 saves)
3 -- vs. Providence College (2/13/15; 38 saves)
4 -- vs. UMass (3/8/15; 23 saves)
5 -- vs. Boston University (2/27/16; 39 saves)
6 -- vs. Northeastern | 11/13/16 (16 saves in a two-period game)
7 -- vs. UMass | 12/3/16 (22 saves)
8 -- vs. Alaska | 12/31/16 (34 saves)
9 -- vs. Alaska | 1/1/17 (21 saves)
10 -- vs. vs. New Hampshire | 1/21/17 (31 saves)
11 -- vs. vs. Providence College | 3/10/17 (43 saves in Hockey East quarterfinals).