• Played in all 37 games while scoring two goals and adding eight assists for 10 points.
• Finished the season with one power-play goal and one game winner.
• Was +5 on the year, had 54 shots on goal.
• Led the team with 70 blocks.
• Notched his first career point on an assist in his first career game, a season-opening 7-4 win at Penn State (Oct. 16).
• Had his first career multi-point game with a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 8-2 win over UConn at the Barclays Center (Nov. 1).
• Scored his first career goal in a 2-2 tie at UMass Lowell (Nov. 20).
• Scored the game-winning goal with 22 seconds left in the third period and added an assist in Notre Dame’s 4-3 comeback win at then third-ranked Boston College (Dec. 10).
• After scoring his first career game-winning goal in dramatic fashion, was named the Hockey East Player of the Week (Dec. 14).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 7-1 win over Western Michigan (Jan. 8).
• Selected in the third round, 91st overall, by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
IN THE USHL
• Joined the Irish after spending the 2014-15 season with the Chicago Steel of the United States Hockey League (USHL).
• Played in 59 games, scoring four goals and adding 23 assists for 27 points and had 89 penalty minutes.
• His 27 points ranked 14th among USHL defensemen.
• Registered seven points (1-6-7) in the final six games of the regular season.
• Played in the 2015 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in Dubuque, Iowa and registered an assist.
• Named to the 2014-15 USHL All-Rookie First Team.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Was a three-sport star at St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute in Tonawanda, New York.
• Earned first-team All-Western New York honors as a long stick midfielder in lacrosse for St. Joe's while also quarterbacking a Maurauder football team for which his father, also named Dennis, has served a coach since 1986.
• Began to concentrate on hockey in 2013-14 when he joined the Buffalo Junior Sabres of the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL).
• In 35 games with the Junior Sabres, scored four goals and added 23 assists for 27 points.
• Graduated high school from St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute.
• Full name is Dennis Gilbert Jr. and he is the son of Dennis and Kim Gilbert.
• Has a younger brother, Patrick, and a younger sister, Shannon.
• Enrolled in the College of Arts & Letters and pursuing a degree in political science.
Goals: 1 (2x - at BC 12/10/15)
Assists: 2 (2x - vs. Western Michigan 1/8/16)
Points: 2 (3x - vs. Western Michigan 1/8/16)
Multi-point games: 3
Point Streak: 3 games (Oct. 31 - Nov. 6, 2015; 0-4-4)