• Played in 36 goals, scored 11 goals and added six assists for 17 points.
• His 11 goals ranked fourth on the team.
• Had two power-play goals, two game winners and finished the season with a +9 rating.
• Registered his first career point with an assist in his first career game, which was Notre Dame's season opening 7-4 win at Penn State (Oct. 16).
• The next night, scored his first career goal in Notre Dame’s 5-3 loss at Penn State (Oct. 17).
• Of the six NCAA Div. I players in 2015-16 that played public high school hockey in 2014-15, Malmquist was the first to score a goal.
• Scored the game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 5-1 win over UMass (Dec. 5).
• Notched the first multi-point game of his career with a pair of goals in Notre Dame’s 3-3 tie versus Minnesota Duluth (Oct. 24).
• Also scored in Notre Dame wins over UConn (8-2 on Nov. 1), Minnesota (4-3 on Nov. 6) and UMass (5-1 on Dec. 5).
• Missed the Nov. 20 game at UMass Lowell with an injury.
• Had a career high three points on a goal and two assists in Notre Dame’s 7-1 win over Western Michigan (Jan. 8).
• Scored a goal in Notre Dame’s 5-1 win over Maine (Feb. 13).
• Netted the game-winning, power-play goal in the 1-0 win over Boston University (Feb. 27).
PREP & PERSONAL
• Prior to Notre Dame, played four seasons at Edina (Minnesota) High School.
• Named a 2015 finalist for Minnesota's Mr. Hockey Award and was named Minnesota's 2015 Associated Press Player of the Year.
• Scored 26 goals and added 40 assists for 66 points in 25 games as a senior.
• Had five power-play goals and nine game winners.
• Had two goals and three assists for five points in two sectional playoff games and then added an assist in one state tournament game, bringing his season total to 72 points (28-44-72) in 28 games, an average of 2.57 points per game.
• In 118 career games for Edina, scored 94 goals and added 120 assists for 214 points, making him Edina's all-time career scoring leader.
• Scored at least 23 goals in three of his four seasons.
• As a junior, notched 47 points (17-30-47) in 30 games.
• In 30 games as a sophomore, recorded 46 points (23-23-46).
• Totaled 49 points (26-23-49) in 30 games as a freshman.
• Also played for Team Southwest in the Upper Midwest Elite Hockey League.
• Was a member of the USA U-18 team at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup.
• Continues the trend of Edina players heading to Notre Dame, including senior Steven Fogarty, who was also a Mr. Hockey finalist for Edina in 2011, Ben Ostlie, Connor Hurley and Bo Brauer as well as current New York Islander Anders Lee.
• Is the son of Derek and Patricia Malmquist.
• His father, Derek, played two seasons of college hockey at Harvard.
• Has two younger brothers, Garrett and Liam.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.
Goals: 2 (vs. UMD 10/24/15)
Assists: 2 (vs. Western Michigan 1/8/16)
Points: 3 (vs. Western Michigan 1/8/16)
Multi-Point Games: 2
Point Streak: 2 games (four times)