IN THE PROS
• Signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Montreal Canadiens (April 10).
2017-18 AWARDS AND HONORS
• Senior Class Award Winner (April 4)
• First Team All-Big Ten (March 13)
• Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year Finalist (March 7)
• Hobey Baker Fan Vote Nominee (Jan. 15)
• Spengler Cup Champion/Team Canada (Dec. 31)
• Senior Class Award Candidate (Nov. 1)
• Big Ten Second Star of the Week (Oct. 10)
• Big Ten Third Star of the Week (Oct. 31)
• Big Ten Third Star of the Week (Feb. 26)
• 2017-18 Big Ten Preseason Watch List (Sept. 18)
• Compton Family Leadership in Service Award (Team Award)
AS A SENIOR
• After serving as an alternate captain as a junior, he is the team’s lone captain as a senior.
• Evans is the 13th Canadian-born captain of the Irish and the first since two-year captain Steve Noble (1996-98).
• Led the team in points (46) and assists (33).
• Ranked third among all Irish in goals with 13.
• Posted five game-winning goals on the season, the most of any Irish skater.
• Also netted two short-handed goals, tied for first on the team in that category.
• Had two goals, including the game winner and the empty net shorthanded tally, and an assist in Notre Dame’s 5-3 win against Alabama Huntsville to open the season (Oct. 6).
• Added a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 4-0 win in game two against the Chargers (Oct. 7) for a five-point weekend.
• Had a three-point weekend against No. 1 Denver with a goal and two assists (Oct. 13-14) to reach the 100-career points milestone.
• Evans became the 52nd player in program history to notch at least 100-career points.
• Posted a career-best four assists in Notre Dame’s 6-4 loss to Omaha (Oct. 26), becoming the first Irish player with a four-assist game since Stephen Johns did so on Dec. 29, 2010, versus Canisius.
• Posted three assists in Notre Dame’s game two win over Omaha (Oct. 27) for a seven point series (0-7-7).
• Scored the game-winning goal and added two assists for a three-point game in Notre Dame’s 3-2 win at Ohio State (Nov. 4).
• Had a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win at RPI, including the game’s first goal.
• Scored the game-winning goal and added two assists for a three-point night in Notre Dame’s 5-2 win over sixth-ranked Minnesota (Nov. 25).
• Had a goal and an assist to lead Notre Dame to a 3-1 win at Michigan State (Dec. 1).
• Had a breakaway goal in Notre Dame’s 4-2 victory versus Wisconsin (Jan. 19).
• Had the game-winning goal and added an assist in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win at Minnesota (Jan. 27).
• Had the primary assist on Jordan Gross’ game winner against Ohio State in which Notre Dame defeated the Buckeyes 2-1 to clinch the Big Ten Regular Season Championship (Feb. 9).
• Had a shorthanded goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 6-3 win over Michigan State (Feb. 23).
• Notched a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 4-3 loss to Michigan State (Feb. 24) for a five point weekend.
• Assisted on two of Notre Dame’s three goals in the B1G title game against Ohio State (March 17), including Cam Morrison’s overtime game-winner.
• Had primary assist on Jordan Gross’ OT game-winning goal against Michigan Tech in NCAA regional semifinal (March 23).
• Assisted on Andrew Oglevie’s game-tying goal in the NCAA East Regional Final against Providence (March 24).
• Broke the 3-3 tie against Michigan in the Frozen Four with six seconds left to send the Irish to the National Championship game.
• Posted a total of three points against Michigan with two goals and an assist (April 5).
• Held the secondary assiston Andrew Oglevie's goal in the National Championship game against Minnesota-Duluth (April 7).
AS A JUNIOR
• Had a two-assist game at No. 4 Minnesota Duluth (Oct. 14).
• Scored his first career shorthanded goal in Notre Dame’s 3-3 overtime tie with Penn State (Oct. 21).
• Had a goal and two assists in Notre Dame’s 5-2 win at Northeastern (Nov. 12).
• Scored the second and third (empty net) goals in Notre Dame’s 3-0 win at UMass (Dec. 3).
• Had a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 3-0 win over New Hampshire (Jan. 21).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 6-4 loss at Boston College (Jan. 28).
• Had a goal and an assist over the final 3:10 of the third period in Notre Dame’s comeback tie over No. 12 Vermont (Feb. 3).
• Scored a game-tying goal and added an assist in the 3-3 tie versus 10th-ranked Providence (Feb. 18).
• Scored two goals to lead Notre Dame to a 3-1 win at No. 5/6 Boston University (February 24).
• Had a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 5-0 win over Providence in game one of the Hockey East quarterfinals (March 10).
• Had a pair of assists, including on the game winner, in Notre Dame’s 3-2 comeback win over Minnesota in round one of the NCAA Championship (March 25).
• Had an assist on Cam Morrison’s game-tying goal against UMass Lowell in the 3-2 overtime win to help send the Irish to the Frozen Four (March 26).
• Tallied another assist to Cam Morrison on the lone Irish goal in the NCAA Frozen Four matchup against Denver (Apr. 6.)
• Finished the season with 13 goals and 29 assists for a total of 42 points.
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Played in all 37 games and had a breakout season offensively, scoring eight goals and adding 25 assists for 33 points - all of which were career high totals.
• Played center for the Irish after playing his freshman season on the wing.
• His 33 points were second on the team, while his 25 assists led the team and ranked tied for seventh among Hockey East players.
• Seven of his eight goals and 15 of his 25 assists came during Hockey East play.
• Finished the season with four power-play goals and a game winner.
• Had nine multi-point games on the season, including six games with at least two assists.
• Was +15 on the season, which tied for the second best mark on the team.
• Posted three assists in Notre Dame’s 4-3 win against Minnesota (Nov. 6) and also had three assists in the 5-1 win over Merrimack (Jan. 16).
• Had a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 8-2 win over UConn at the Barclays Center (Nov. 1).
• Also scored in Notre Dame’s 2-2 tie versus Northeastern (Nov. 13).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 7-1 win over Western Michigan (Jan. 8).
• Scored a goal in Notre Dame’s 3-3 tie at Western Michigan (Jan. 9).
• Had a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 7-2 win over Merrimack (Jan. 15).
• Scored a power-play goal in Notre Dame’s 3-2 win at New Hampshire (Jan. 23).
• Had the third period, game-winning goal and added an assist in Notre Dame’s 3-1 win at Vermont (Feb. 6).
• Scored the opening goal and added two assists in Notre Dame’s 5-1 win over Maine (Feb. 13).
AS A FRESHMAN
• Played in 41 of the team’s 42 games, scoring seven goals and adding 10 assists for 17 points.
• Had one power-play goal and one short-handed tally.
• Blocked 10 shots and had 22 penalty minutes.
• Scored his first career goal in Notre Dame’s 5-1 win over Lake Superior State (Oct. 18).
• Followed that game with a three assist effort in a 6-3 Irish win over Niagara (Oct. 24).
• Also had a goal against Niagara in Notre Dame’s 7-0 win (Oct. 25) for a four-point weekend.
• Had his first career two-goal game in the 3-2 win against sixth-ranked Miami (Dec. 28) in the opening game of the Florida Hockey Classic, including the game-tying, extra attacker goal scored at 19:37 of the third period and the overtime game winner.
• Also added an assist in that win over the RedHawks for a three-point game.
• Scored a goal at Maine (Feb. 7) and at second-ranked Boston University (Feb. 20).
• Skated in all six playoff games and recorded an assist.
• Selected in the seventh round (207th overall) of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft by the Montreal Canadiens.
IN THE OJHL
• Joined the Irish after spending the previous three seasons (2011-14) with the St. Michael's Buzzers of the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL).
• Played in 49 games in 2013-14, notching 16 goals and a team-leading 47 assists for 63 points.
• Selected as the OJHL Player of the Month for February 2014.
• Helped the Buzzers to a 27-19-6-1 record and to third place in the South Division of the Southwest Conference.
• In 104 career games, scored 30 goals and added 81 assists for 111 points.
• Finalist for the Canadian Junior Hockey League Rookie of the Year award in 2012-13.
• Played two years for Team Canada East at the World Jr. A Challenge and was a first team OJHL all-prospect selection.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Attended St. Michael's College School in Toronto, Ontario.
• Is the seventh Irish hockey player to attend St. Michael's.
• Prior to attending St. Michael's, played hockey for the Mississauga Rebels Midget Minor AAA program (2011-12).
• In 56 games scored 28 goals with 57 assists for 85 points.
• Full name is Jacob Wayne Evans and is the son of Wayne Evans and Marilyn Kieffer.
• Has one older brother, Matt.
• Born in Toronto, Ontario.
• Enrolled in Notre Dame's Mendoza College of Business pursuing a major in management consulting.
Goals: 2 (5x - Frozen Four vs. Michigan 4/5/18)
Assists: 4 (vs. Omaha 10/26/17)
Points: 4 (vs. Omaha 10/26/17)
Multi-Point Games: 36
Point Streak: 7 games (Dec. 2 - Jan. 7; 4-4-8)