AS A SENIOR
• Scored his first goal of the season on the power play against Sacred Heart (Oct. 19).
• Followed up with a two-goal effort in Notre Dame’s 3-1 win over Sacred Heart (Oct. 20).
• Missed the Omaha and Ohio State series as well as games versus Penn State and RPI and the Minnesota series with a lower body injury.
• Posted a career-high two assists in Notre Dame’s 5-3 comeback win at Penn State (Feb. 2).
• Scored a power-play goal in Notre Dame’s 6-3 win over Michigan State (Feb. 23).
• Recorded an assist in B1G semifinal win over Penn State (March 10).
• Scored in NCAA tournament win over Michigan Tech (March 23).
• Posted his first career two-goal game against Penn State (Oct. 22), when he scored a pair of power-play goals.
• Added a power-play goal in Notre Dame’s 6-2 win over UConn (Oct. 28).
• Scored the third goal in Notre Dame’s 3-1 win over Michigan Tech (Jan. 6).
• Scored the third period, game-tying goal in the 2-2 overtime tie versus New Hampshire (1/20/17).
• Injured (lower body) in the first game of the Vermont series (Feb. 3) and returned for the second Boston University game (Feb. 25).
• Scored a goal in Notre Dame’s 5-0 game one win over Providence in the Hockey East quarterfinals (March 10).
• Finished the season with seven goals and four assists for a total of 11 points.
AS A FRESHMAN
• Skated in 30 games, scored a goal and added three assists for four points.
• Had nine penalties for 18 penalty minutes and posted 29 shots on goal.
• Registered his first career point by scoring a goal in Notre Dame’s 8-2 win over UConn at the Barclays Center (Nov. 1).
• Notched his first career assist in the 3-1 win over Western Michigan (Nov. 28).
• Selected in the fourth round, 92nd overall, by the Florida Panthers in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
IN THE USHL
• Joined the Irish after splitting the 2014-15 season with Green Bay and Cedar Rapids of the United States Hockey League (USHL).
• Combined to collect 30 points in 59 games for the two teams as well as 97 penalty minutes.
• Played his first 35 games of the season with Green Bay, scoring five goals and adding 16 assists for 21 points.
• Then in 24 games with Cedar Rapids, where he was teammates with Notre Dame classmate Andrew Oglevie, he scored four goals and added five assists for nine points in 24 games.
• Scored a goal and added two assists in three playoff games with the RoughRiders.
WITH USA HOCKEY
• Spent two seasons with USA Hockey's National Team Developmental Program in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
• Played the 2013-14 season with the U.S. National U-18 Team and the 2012-13 season with the U.S. National U-17 Team.
• In 2013-14, he played 60 games, scoring three goals and adding six assists for nine points while also leading the team with 123 penalty minutes.
• Won gold with Team USA at the 2014 IIHF U-18 World Championship in Imatra, Finland.
• Notched a pair of assists in seven games at that tournament.
• In 2012-13 with the U.S. National U-17 Team, scored seven goals and registered six assists for 13 points in 27 games while also recording 34 penalty minutes.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Played two seasons at Brewster High School before heading to USA Hockey's National Team Developmental Program.
• Was a Brewster team captain for the 2011-12 season and he scored 17 goals and added 35 assists for 52 points in 34 games that season.
• Graduated from Pioneer High School.
• His full name is Joseph Larson Wegwerth and he is the son of Mark and Melanie Wegwerth.
• His father, Mark, played hockey at Kent State.
• Has two younger brothers, Josh and Jake, and one younger sister, Jackie.
• Studies political science.
Goals: 2 (2x - vs. Sacred Heart 10/20/17)
Assists: 2 (at Penn State 2/2/18)
Points: 2 (3x - at Penn State 2/2/18)
Multi-point games: 3
Point Streak: 2 games (2x; Oct. 19 - 20, 2017)