AS A JUNIOR
• Served as an alternate captain as a junior.
• Appeared in 38 games over the course of the season.
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Skated in all 37 games, scored a goal and added six assists for seven points.
• Had 18 penalties for 47 penalty minutes and finished the season with a +12 rating, which ranked second on the team among defensemen.
• Had 40 shots on goal and blocked 56 shots.
• Notched assists in wins over Minnesota (4-3 on Nov. 6), Western Michigan (3-1 on Nov. 28) and UMass (5-1 on Dec. 5).
• Added an assist in the 1-1 tie at #17 Denver (Jan. 1).
• Notched an assist in Notre Dame’s 5-1 win over Maine (Feb. 13).
• Scored his only goal of the season to put the Irish up 1-0 in the eventual 6-4 game two loss to Northeastern in the Hockey East Quarterfinals (March 12).
AS A FRESHMAN
• Named to the Hockey East All-Academic Team.
• Played in all 42 games, scored a pair of goals and added six assists for eight points.
• Had 30 penalty minutes and was second on the team with 71 blocked shots.
• Finished the year with a +4 rating.
• Notched his first career point with an assist in Notre Dame's 2-2 tie with UMass Lowell (Nov. 21).
• Scored his first career goal, which turned out to be the game winner, in the 7-5 win at UMass (Dec. 5).
• Had a goal and an assist in six playoff games.
IN THE BCHL
• Joined the Notre Dame roster after playing the previous two seasons with the Powell River Kings in the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL).
• In 2013-14 battled injuries and played in 29 games during the regular season and recorded eight assists.
• Powell River finished second in the Island Division with a 36-16-2 record.
• Returned to play in 11 playoff games, recording two assists as the Kings defeated Nanaimo (classmate Bo Brauer's team) in the opening round (four games to two).
• Powell River then lost to Victoria four games to two in the second round.
• In 2012-13, played in 46 games with two goals and 11 assists for 13 points with 85 penalty minutes.
• Helped the Kings to a 20-25-9 mark and fourth place in the BCHL's Mainland Division.
• Powell River lost in first round of the playoffs to Victoria.
• During the season was selected to play for Canada West in the World Junior A Challenge that was held in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.
• That squad lost in the gold medal game to the USA Select team that included future Irish teammate Vince Hinostroza.
IN THE NAHL
• Began his junior career in 2011-12 with Dawson Creek in the North American Hockey League (NAHL).
• Was the team's Rookie of the Year after scoring two goals with 11 assists for 13 points in 56 games.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Graduated from Mount Elizabeth Secondary School in Kitamit, British Columbia.
• Played midget hockey at the Okanagan Hockey Academy in Penticton, British Columbia.
• His full name is Luke William Ripley and he is the son of Doug and Christine Ripley.
• Has two brothers, Evan and Sean.
• Born in Kitamit, British Columbia.
• Enrolled in Notre Dame's Mendoza College of Business, pursuing a degree in finance.
Goals: 1 (3x - vs. Northeastern 3/12/16)
Assists: 1 (12x - at Providence 2/19/16)
Points: 1 (15x - vs. Northeastern 3/12/16)
Multi-Point Games: n/a
Point Streak: 3 games (Jan. 31-Feb. 7, 2015; 0-3-3)