The senior forward signed a two-year deal, starting with the 2016-17 season.
Mario Lucia scored twice for the Irish.
Cal Petersen made 39 saves and Dylan Malmquist scored the game winner.
Jack Jenkins scored his first career game winner.
Notre Dame Vs. Northeastern (March 12, 2016)
Notre Dame vs Boston University, Friday night 2/26
Notre Dame and Harvard played on the first night of the annual Shillelagh Tournament at the Compton Family Ice Arena.
The Notre Dame hockey team opened the 2015-16 season with a two-game road series at Penn State (Oct. 16-17).
Notre Dame Men's Ice Hockey falls to St. Cloud State on 03-30-2013.
AS A JUNIOR
• Played in all 42 games, scored a team-high 21 goals and added 11 assists for 32 points.
• His 32 points ranked third on the team, while his 21 goals and 32 points were career-high totals.
• Tied for second on the team with four power-play goals and also scored two game winners.
• Finished the season with a +5 plus/minus rating, had 22 penalty minutes and blocked eight shots.
• Had six multi-point games on the season.
• Netted 11 of his 21 goals in Hockey East play to tie for sixth in league scoring.
• His 21 total goals ranked tied for the fourth-most among Hockey East players.
• Notched his first career hat trick in Notre Dame's 5-1 win over Lake Superior State (Oct. 18).
• Finished the month of October with seven goals and two assists for nine points in seven games en route to being named the Hockey East Player of the Month.
• Had a career-long, nine game point streak (Dec. 5 - Jan. 23) in which he scored seven goals and added four assists for 11 points.
• During that point streak he also had a career-long, five-game goal streak (Jan. 9 - Jan. 23).
• Scored two goals and added three assists for five points in six playoff games.
• Had a goal and an assist in game two of the Hockey East First Round series against UMass.
• Finished with two goals and three assists for five points in six playoff games.
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Played in all 40 games for the Irish and scored 16 goals and added 15 assists for 31 points 31.
• Had seven power-play goals and four game winners.
• Was +1 on the season and he recorded six multi-point games, inclduing a pair of two-goal games.
• Put together a seven-game point streak (6g, 5a) from Dec. 6 to Jan. 18.
• First goal of the season (ppg, gwg) came in 7-3 win over Michigan Tech (Oct. 20).
• Turned in a three-point game (2g, 1a) in 5-4 loss to top-ranked Minnesota (Nov. 9).
• Recorded his second, three-point game (2 ppg, gwg, 1a) of the season in 5-3 win over Massachusetts (Dec. 6).
• Scored in the 4-3 loss to Boston College at Fenway Park (Jan. 4), which was his second all-time goal in an outdoor game for Notre Dame.
• Had three assists in the weekend series with Alabama Huntsville (Jan. 10-11).
• Notched a goal and an assist in the 6-3 win over Lake Superior State (Jan. 17) and then had a power-play game winner in the 4-2 win over the Lakers (Jan. 18).
• Had a goal and an assist in 3-0 Irish shutout win over Huskies (Jan. 25).
• Scored the game-winning goal in 7-2 victory over Boston College in game one of the Hockey East quarterfinals.
• In six postseason games, had one goal and two assists for three points.
AS A FRESHMAN
• Played in 32 of Notre Dame's 41 games, missing the first nine games of the season due to a broken leg.
• Finished the year with 12 goals and 11 assists for 23 points.
• Notched five power-play goals and had one game winner.
• Had five games with two or more points and one multi-goal game.
• Selected to the CCHA all-rookie team and was Notre Dame's Rookie of the Year.
• Saw his first collegiate action Nov. 15 at Michigan.
• Got on the scoresheet for the first time the following night with his first collegiate goal in a 4-1 win over the Wolverines (Nov. 16).
• Scored three goals in a weekend sweep of Lake Superior State (Nov. 30-Dec. 1).
• Picked up first goal in 3-2 win over Lakers and then recorded his first multi-goal game with two goals in the 6-1 victory.
• Was then named the CCHA Gongshow Rookie of the Week for the first time after that series.
• Had second, three-point weekend (1g, 2a) in sweep of Michigan State: scored a goal (ppg) and added an assist in 3-2 win (Dec. 7) and then helped set up Mike Voran's game winner in 5-1 win (Dec. 8).
• Selected CCHA Gongshow Rookie of the Month as he had three goals, four assists and was +4 in the month of December.
• Joined the U.S. Junior National Team over the Christmas break as U.S. captured the gold medal at the World Junior Championship (Ufa, Russia).
• Along with former Irish forward Kyle Palmieri (2010), became the oen of only two Notre Dame players to win gold at World Junior Championships.
• Returned to the Notre Dame lineup against Minnesota to face his father's team (Jan. 8).
• Scored one goal in each game of the series versus Alaska (Jan. 18-19) to start his second five-game point streak (4g, 3a) of the season.
• Had a three-point game (1g, 2a) in 5-2 home win over Alaska (Jan. 26).
• Scored the first goal of the game in Notre Dame's 2-1 win over Miami at Soldier Field in Chicago (Feb. 17).
• Selected the CCHA Postgame offensive player of the week with two goals and an assist in sweep of Bowling Green (March 3).
• Played in five postseason games and had one assist.
IN THE NHL DRAFT
• Chosen in the second round, 60th overall, by the Minnesota Wild in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
WITH USA HOCKEY
• Member of gold-medal winning U.S. Junior National team that captured World Junior Championships in Ufa, Russia, in January 2013 ... played in seven games and had one assist ... spent time in 2010-11 with the USA National Team Developmental Program, playing in six games, scoring three goals in helping the Under-18 team to the gold medal at the Four Nations Cup in Sweden ... in November 2010 helped USA Junior National Select Team to a bronze medal at the World Junior A Challenge ... led the tournament with four goals.
IN THE BCHL
• Following high school, played one season with the Penticton Vees in the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) where he was a teammate of current Irish senior Steven Fogarty and junior Chad Katunar ... was second on the team in scoring with 42 goals and 52 assists for 94 points in 56 games ... had 14 power-play goals, two short-handed markers and a pair of game winners ... winner of the Bruce Allen Trophy as the Interior Division's rookie of the year ... was a member of Penticton squad that was 54-4-0-2 to win the regular season title ... along the way, the Vees set a North American junior hockey record by winning 42 consecutive games ... the Vees then won the BCHL playoff title with a 12-2-0-1 record, defeating Powell River 4-0 for the Fred Page Cup Trophy with Lucia scoring six goals with 10 assists in 15 games ... Penticton then captured Canada's national junior A hockey title - the RBC Cup - going 2-2 in the round-robin round before defeating the Soo Thunderbirds in the semifinals and winning a dramatic 4-3 decision in the championship game against the Woodstock Slammers.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Graduated from Wayzata High School in Plymouth, Minn. ... was a two-time letter winner for the Trojans ... selected all-Lake Conference in his sophomore and junior years ... all-state selection as a junior ... led Wayzata to the Minnesota 6AA finals in 2010-11 as he led the Trojans in scoring with 30 goals and 24 assists for 54 points ... full name is Mario Paul Lucia ... son of Don and Joyce Lucia ... Don, who is currently the head hockey coach at the University of Minnesota, was a defenseman at Notre Dame (1977-81) and had seven goals and 23 assists in 124 career games while playing for Lefty Smith ... along with teammate Anders Bjork (Kirt Bjork '83), is one of four Notre Dame players to follow their father and play hockey for the Irish (also joining former teammate Kevin Nugent Jr., and his father, Kevin Nugent Sr., and former goaltender Rory Walsh and his father Brian Walsh) ... Mario has two sisters, Ali and Jessie and one brother, Tony ... Jessie played volleyball at Concordia University ... Tony played hockey at the University of Minnesota from 2006-10 ... born in Fairbanks, Alaska ... marketing - consulting major enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business at Notre Dame.