AS A FRESHMAN
- Notched an assist in his first career game, a 5-3 win over Alabama Huntsville (Oct. 6).
- Added an assist in 4-0 game two win over the Chargers (Oct. 7).
- Had the primary assist on Dawson Cook's third-period, game-winning goal in Notre Dame's 5-3 victory against Penn State (Nov. 10).
- Scored his first career goal with a power-play tally in Notre Dame's 2-1 win at Michigan (Jan. 5).
- Netted what proved to be the game-winning power-play goal against Michigan in the 2-1 Irish win at home to complete the weekend sweep (Jan. 7).
- It marked his first career game winner.
- Recorded points in both B1G playoff games, an assist against Penn State (March 10) and a goal versus Ohio State (March 18).
- Blocked two shots in the Frozen Four game against Michigan (April 5).
Selected in the seventh round, 214th overall, by the New Jersey Devils in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
IN THE USHL
- Joined the Irish after playing the 2016-17 season with the Sioux City Musketeers of the United States Hockey League (USHL).
- Named an alternate captain for the Musketeers after being selected first overall in the 2016 USHL entry draft.
- Skated in 52 games and scored six goals and added 22 assists for 28 points before adding a playoff goal to bring his total to 29 total points on the season.
- His 28 regular-season points ranked ninth among USHL defensemen in 2016-17, while his +19 plus/minus rating also ranked ninth among USHL defensemen.
- Earned USHL Defenseman of the Week honors twice.
WITH USA HOCKEY
- Played the 2014-15 (U17) and 2015-16 (U18) seasons with the U.S. National Team Development Program.
- In 2014-15, he skated in 30 games at the junior level (0-1-1) and 49 games with the U.S. National U17 Team (1-3-4).
- Contributed two assists in four games to help Team USA to a gold medal finish at the Under-18 Four Nations Tournament in Monthey, Switzerland in 2015.
- In 2015-16, he played in 25 games at the USHL level (0-5-5) as well as another 64 games with the U.S. National U18 Team (0-16-16).
- Won a bronze medal in 2015-16 at the Under-18 World Junior Championships with Team USA, where he had four assists in seven games.
PREP & PERSONAL
- Attended from Rogers High School in Rogers, Minnesota, where he played Royal’s hockey from 2012-14.
- Graduated from Pioneer High School in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Scored eight goals and notched 30 assists to earn All-Conference honors in 2013-14.
- Son of Paul Hellickson and Danielle Benton and has an older brother, Jake, and a younger sister, Maya.
- Enrolled in the First Year of Studies.
Goals: 1 (3x - vs. Ohio State 3/17/18)
Assists: 1 (9x - vs. Penn State 3/10/18)
Points: 1 (12x - vs. Ohio State 3/17/18)
Multi-Point Games: n/a
Point Streak: 2 games (2x; March 10 - 7, 2018)